5: Dinner Banquet (Pt. 1)

-read below, please :)

-wassup? I know I haven't posted in ab a million years (school is a whole mess, okay?) but I finally have a chapter for y'all! in this one, there are some (low quality, sorry!) pics of the signs' outfits and then for the girls, there's hair and makeup/face claims pt. 2, and for the guys there's the picture I used for their first face claim and then an extra one. hope y'all like the visuals and this chapter! <3

Libra's POV

"Champagne? Or white?" I hold up the two options up on either side of me so that Leo can see both of the shades' contrast against my skin tone.

"Champagne?" I hold it over my body once again, "Or white?"

Leo sighs, obviously trying to fight back the urge to roll her eyes back into her head. Without speaking, she takes the white dress from my right hand and tosses it aside, making her, might I add, half-assed, decision. She gives a quick, nonchalant smile, and simply walks out of the room. She wasn't very much help.

"But white makes me look tanner...." I mumble to myself.

Tonight is our dinner banquet. It's being considered as our first official outing as a group, even though we've gone out to little diners and other lowkey spots multiple times. I guess it's because we're getting all dressed up for this one, and it's in a public place where civilians can actually spot and interact with us.

Isn't it crazy that we don't call ourselves "civilians?" I've always thought that was kinda weird.

Anyway, I need to look good. Not good like "mediocre good," but good like "hot-damn good." Like "gooooood" good. If that makes any sense.

My hair has been in curlers for the past 48 hours. The others consider it unnecessary and plain idiotic, but I think it's just me being extra cautious. There is no room for messing anything up tonight, especially not my hair. Plus, my hair has always been super difficult to curl, so even with these extra precautions, it may only curl slightly.

Why do I care so much about my appearance, you may ask? It stems from my childhood, I believe, where I had control over only 2 things: my behavior, and my looks. It seemed I wouldn't get positive feedback or attention for anything I did, hence my resorting to burglary and other negative actions in order to get at least some recognition for something. I did that through my looks, too. Maybe if I was pretty, people would finally pay attention to me, right?

Now I care because it's fun. Dressing up is fun, and doing my hair and makeup is fun. Seeing people's eyes travel up and down my body as I pass is fun.

You know what's not fun?

Being stuck between two different pairs of shoes.

"Leo! I need your help again!" I call out to her, cuffing my hands around my mouth in hope that she'll distract herself from her routine once again to help me.

All I hear is a defeated but bitter, "No!" in return.

I am NOT co-dependent. I like other people's opinions. That's all. And I'm NOT a people-pleaser, either. I swear.

"Fine. Looks like I'm picking the strappy heels." I force myself to make a decision. In the back of my head, I wonder if it was the right one. Do strappy heels make my feet look like tied-up sausages? Or do they provide an extra aspect of interest to my outfit? I hope for the latter as I move to my vanity, where I begin to pencil in my eyebrows and swipe on my lightly-tinted lip gloss.

This night will be perfect.

Pisces' POV

A lot of these guys are jumping at the opportunity to dress up. Gemini and Sagittarius love to impress the ladies, and I wouldn't be surprised if they've taken this as their way to shoot their shots.