What Doesn't Kill You...

Enjoy!

Remember to...

Vote,

Comment,

, and Share

------------------------------------------------------------

Liam King P.O.V.
What is wrong with me?
I embarrassed myself once again in front of Alex. I mean she already thinks I'm an asshole, but I bet now she thinks that I'm a complete creep too.

UUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH!!!

Why is my life so complicated?

While I was contemplating the murdering of myself, I saw something sparkle on the floor. As I was bending down to get it, I realized it was a girl's necklace.

It must be Alex's necklace....

It consisted of a silver chain with a locket that seemed to open up. Opening the necklace, I was met with a picture of a family. There was a lady that looked a lot like Alex, and there was a man that looked a lot like her brothers.

Her parents?

Probably or probably not.

Alex or her brothers never really talked about their parents. I remember hearing from one of my college roommates that the Knight's had lost their parents. I had also heard that the parents had left a huge fund for the kids so that they could live as comfortably as possible. No one really knew what had happened to their parents.

I looked back at the necklace one last time before putting it in my wallet and making a mental note to give it back to its rightful owner.

-----

A few minutes later, I pulled into my driveway, tired from the events that had transpired today, and all I wanted was a tall glass of sleep.

However, no matter how tired I was, my mind kept on going back to Alex.

She had changed a lot over the past years, and the timid and afraid girl was replaced by a woman that took no shit from anyone. The Alex that I had known in university would have probably pissed herself in today's crime scene, but her face showed no sign of fear or nervousness, almost like she had seen worse.

That thought made me proud, yet no longer useful.

Her brothers had always been protective of her, even though she was older than them. So when I found that they were related to the small girl that I messed with every day, I was surprised that she never told them about what I did to her on a daily basis. At the time I thought she had a crush on me, and came to school every day disheveled and messy to get my attention. This only led me to push her to her limits even stronger.

She never complained. She never said a word. She never shed a tear.

And that just made me madder.

This continued all throughout high school then university, and then we went our separate ways. I went to Quantico and Alex went to further her education. We never saw each other again.

Until now.

She changed.

And I liked it.