Chapter 5

The Malfoy family entered the great hall to find it lavishly decorated. The theme seemed to be the color white. There were white table cloths, white napkins, and even white chair coverings. The tables were all sectioned around a large area that was for dancing. The family decided to ignore all the press, and tried to have as much fun as possible. They sat at a table with the Zbinis and the Notts. The children were certainly having the times of their lives. Asher was hanging out with his best friend, Wren Zabini, while Lexa and Haylee played with their silverware, pretending they were dolls.

As for the adults, well, they were trying. It was kind of difficult when you could feel the eyes of basically every person in the room. Ron Weasley was glaring over at Draco, and the Potters had a confused expression on their faces. The upbeat music then changed to a slow song.

"Would you like to dance?" Draco asked Hermione. She nodded, with a smile on her face. He took her hand and helped her out of her seat. They gracefully walked on to the dance floor, and he pulled her close till she was flush against his chest. He put one hand on her waist, and one he intertwined wth his own. They danced to the flow of the music, not caring who was watching. It was as if they were the only ones in the room. At the end of the song, Draco dipped Hermione and then kissed her passionately.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ron Weasley had had enough. After that kiss on the dance floor between Hermione and Malfoy, he had lost it. Ron downed the rest of his firewhisky and stalked across the dance floor to where the couple was still dancing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ron, no," groaned Harry Potter, and he grabbed his wife's hand to follow the path Ron was leaving through the dance floor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Touch Hermione one more time tonight, and I will gut you alive and feed the remains to the crows." Hermione's head whipped around at the sound of the all to familiar voice. Draco immediately hardened against her, and instinctively stepped in front of Hermione.

"Who are you to say such things, Weasel?" replied Draco, his vice dangerously calm.

"I'm the man who loves Hermione, and who Hermione loves," he stated. Hermione scoffed from behind Draco.

"I don't love you Ron, and you don't love me. You want me. And not in the right way," Hermione replied. "Because when you love someone, you don't woo them all night before shagging another woman, and having it purposely put in the Daily Prophet. Not to mention the other countless times you tried to...... take advantage of me," said Hermione, realizing that Lexa was toddling up to her. No one was really dancing anymore, just watching the interaction between the three people.

"Mama," Lexa said, lifting her chubby toddler arms up. Hermione slowly bent down and gently heaved her up,  the young girls puffy dress making it quite difficult. Draco smiled at his daughter. As soon as Weasel had started talking again, he had put his arm supportively around Hermione's waist. Letting her know he was here for her. He wouldn't be going anywhere.

They were turning around when Ron said," You'll regret that, Hermione." Draco hardened and  made to turn around, but Hermione shot him a pleading look.

"Not now Draco. Not with the children and everyone watching," she whispered soothingly.

"I think it's time to go." Hermione nodded in agreement. They quickly found Lidea, who was sitting on Pansy's lap, and Asher, who was playing exploding snap with Wren.

"It's time to go Asher," Draco said.

"But-" Asher began.

"No buts. Your mother needs to go home, and so do I." He shot his son a pleasing look that said please don't cause a scene. Asher just nodded, and family said quick goodbyes to the Zabinis and Notts before heading outside to the awaiting carriage.

Draco practically lifted Hermione into the carriage, and she immeadiatly put her head against the plush seat, and then moved it so it was resting on her husbands shoulder.

The night had had its ups and downs, but what bothered her the most was Rob's statement, and that the Potters had not said one thing to her, or during the heated discussion with Ron. She shouldn't have expected them to change. After what had happened five years ago, she really didn't expect them to.

----------------------------------------------
A/N: What did you guys think??? What happened between Hermione and the Potters? What do you think Ron will do? I hope you enjoyed! Don't forget to comment and recommend.   ( :