❇9 - ️Hate Is A Strong Word❇️

❇️Alexander Hamilton❇️

I had bolted awake that night from a terrible nightmare. Memories from the dream flashed through my head before I could even comprehend what was going on.

It was only a dream... I thought to myself.

But it still didn't feel right. The dream was heartbreaking, and the idea of it probably came from last night.

The nightmare was about John hating me and leaving me completely alone. It completely horrified me.

But it might even happen one day. Nowadays we're always fighting or ignoring each other. It just isn't the same. So maybe I'm right. Maybe it will come true one day.

With tears on the brink of falling, I attempted to wake Jefferson up.

"T-Thomas?" I asked.

He groaned in response.

"Thomas, I-I had a nightmare." I stuttered. Hopefully he would wake up to comfort me.

But, alas, that didn't happen. He remained sleep and turned away from me.

"It's the middle of the night, Alexander, go to sleep." He mumbled.

I guess he didn't even hear me.

Giving up, I lied back down, not facing him. I couldn't help but silently cry. I felt the complete opposite of loved. I felt alone. I just wanted to sob. No one was there to comfort me. Someone is always there to comfort me? What about now?

Well, that was a lie. Specifically John was good at comforting. No one else had ever been there. He's the only person who was ever there to say that everything was good and okay.

But he's not here now.

I'm crying and scared and alone. With no comfort what-so-ever.

But I suddenly felt two strong arms from behind me pull me closer and hug me. Startled, I asked, "Thomas? What are you doing?"

"Well, you were crying, what else was I supposed to do?" He asked in a sleepy voice.

I hesitated, "Oh. Thank you."

I guess I ended up getting my comfort after all.

⭐️John Laurens⭐️

"He hates me. He hates me he hates me he hates me." I sobbed. Laf and Herc tried their best to comfort me.

"He doesn't hate you, mon ami, he just got upset. I'm sure tomorrow you two will be on good terms." Said Lafayette quietly.

"What he said." Said Hercules.

"I fucking made him cry! I'm a horrible person!" I choked out.

"This always happens, John. You don't have to worry. People just make mistakes like these. He'll forgive you and you'll move on. 'Happens all the time." Said Herc encouragingly. 

"I know, I know. I just don't know what to do." I said quickly.

"Just...wait for things to cool off a bit. Things will surely go back to the way it was. Just give Alexander some time." Said Laf.

"Maybe you're right." I said, sitting up. Laf handed me a tissue and I blew into it.

"We're always right, what can we say?" Said Herc.

I chuckled, "Can I just hang here for the rest of the day? I don't want to face him."

"Sure thing, mon ami."