Chapter Two

Bam

Bam...

A huge shot can be heard as I swing off my rope. A huge cannon goes off, pointing in the direction of Jack Sparrow, who is about to get his head chopped clean off.

Focusing my attention on the British soldiers after me, I get out my sword and start slashing my way through their numbers. I feel a hand on my shoulder and turned around to slit his throat. Instead, I am met with the familiar face of Jake my quartermaster.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I yell over the commotion.

"Well, I heard the cannon go off and thought you needed some help." He says as we stand back to back fending off soldiers.

"Here's how you could help, go save the lady in distress. She has the key to the Trident of Poseidon." I point my sword in Carina's direction.

"Aye." He quickly runs over, dodging any attacks coming his way. He caught her right before she was gonna be hung. I turn around to see Jack getting help from, I'm guessing, his crew. I see the man accused of treason, Henry Turner, squaring off with a few soldiers.

I quickly rush over and easily kill them. "Well don't just stand there." I say to him while he is still staring at me. Henry quickly picks up a sword off a soldier and rushes to where Jake is holding Carina, only to he stopped by two high ranking militia men.

"Well well, we have a witch, a pirate, and a coward. Now killing three birds with two stones. I shoot the coward and he shoots the pirate so he can drop the witch." One of them says.

"Oh shut it." Jack knocks both of them out at the same time. I rush over to the group. "Well well come come. You prisoners will lead us to the Trident." He starts walking away. I clear my throat and Jack jumps a little.

"Who the hell are you?" I take off my hat. Jack immediately recognizes me.

"The Crimson Pirate." The crew gasps as Carina and Henry look confused.

"Let's go back to your ship. We have some things to discuss. Jake go get Kyle and come to the Dying Gull. You know where it is." Jake nods and goes jogging away.

"Creepy."
________________________

"Tie them up." Jack says with a twirl of his finger. Henry and Carina get tied up immediately, struggling.

"Now what do you propose lassie?"

"We both want the same thing Jackie, The Trident. For different reasons probably. But we both want it. I can help you fetch it. You know what happens when people tend to disagree with me. I will pay your tribute too after we get the Trident. Now Jack, do we have an accord?

"Aye." By this time Jake retuned with Kyle.

"Now this is my quartermaster Jake and my first mate Kyle. We will be helping them track the Trident."

"Now first things first, we set sail." The wooden poles holding the boat up start to fall. The ship starts heading towards the water until it abruptly stopped from a rope, making everyone fall.

"Well that was anticlimactic." I huff. The boat starts moving again. "Oh Carina. Nice seeing you again."

"Yes after you abandoned me. You filthy pirate scum." She sneers.

"No need to resort to name calling."
___________________
"Where's the map?" Jack walks over to Carina and Henry. "There's not a map in this map."

"That's because it's the map that no man can read." I say.

"You know of the legend?" Henry chimes in.

"Henry, I know every legend and myth there is to these waters. I know of every pirate and sailor hat has ever sailed these waters." He smiles a toothy grin at me.

"I don't believe in ghosts. I'm an astronomer and horologist." Carina butts in. Everyone in the crew gasps.

"It's ok. My mom was a horologist too. No shame in that." Scrum says.

"So your mom was academically inclined?"

"In some way." I chuckle.

"Let me see this map." Jack hands it to me. "The map is in the stars. If Carina is a astronomer, she can lead us to it." I quickly slash the ropes holding them to the ship. "But if you try anything, I won't hesitate to slit your throats. " Carina and Henry walk away with their heads down. I look up and see Jack captaining the boat.

"Why do they call you the Crimson Pirate?" Henry asks while I sit next to him with my feet dangling over the side of the ship.

"I've spilled a lot of blood in my career. Ah good times and good amount of silver and gold too." I remember some of my adventures."Now my turn. Why do you need the Trident?"

"I need to free my father from a curse. He is captain of the Flying Dutchman." I freeze.

"William Turner."

"Yes. How did you know?"

"My brother is a crew member of the ship. My family was broke and we parted separate ways once to earn more money. The ship my brother was on got attacked by the Flying Dutchman. I tracked down that wretched ship and saw my brother, morphed into one of them." I keep my head down. Henry puts an arm around me and gives me a reassuring smile. I put my hand on his cheek. "Curses are meant to be broken." I get up and walk away.

I look over to Carina sitting with Jake, talking. Looks like they're both smitten.

A/N- I just watched the movie again tonight. I went out with a huge group of friends to see a movie and they picked that one even though I already saw it.

This chapter seems kinda slow, but it will pick up the next chapter. I promise. Hope your enjoying it so far.