Chapter Three

We have been sailing for awhile

We have been sailing for awhile. To where, I don't know. We have to wait till nightfall for Carina to work on the map. Jake and Carina have been spending a long of time together. It's nice to see Jake let loose a bit.

Jake has always been an uptight pirate, very serious and only keeping his mind on work. Whenever we would go to a pub, he would always opt out to stay behind with the ship, not wanting to have fun. Even though it was Aaron's job to stay with the ship.

Henry has been sitting in the same spot I've left him for awhile. Henry has grown on me quiet a bit. If I've met him previously, I would've asked him to join my crew. He's a good fighter and has sailed before. His looks aren't so bad either.

Kyle is bonding with Jack's crew over some rum. Kyle and I's friendship has always been bantering and playful. We would always be there for each other. Kyle was a cabin boy on the first ship I've ever sailed on. When we met, we bonded over the sea immediately.

I walk over to Jack captaining the ship. "So when are you gonna tell yer crew about the compass?"

"I don't know what your talking about." He says like a child, putting his nose into the air.

"Betraying the compass releases your greatest fear, Salazar. You can't keep it from your crew forever Jackie. Salazar is catching up to us." I say while walking away.

It's finally reaching dusk. The sun setting, making the sky a beautiful orange color. I start walking around deck a bit, passing by Henry. Of course, I glance his way making long eye contact with him. "Admiring my looks huh?" I question him.

"N-no." He looks away quickly, blushing as he does. I chuckle a bit, making my way towards the back of the ship.

"I don't like that Henry guy." Kyle says, walking with me.

"And why is that?" I ask arching my eyebrow.

"Well, I don't like how he looks at you all the time."

"And why is that, Kyle?"

"Um.." He looks down.

"That's what I thought." I walk away. Kyle can overprotective and perhaps a bit jealous at times. I've never pushed him on the matter before because I kinda don't wanna find out. But whenever a guy would approach me at a pub, he would always chase him away.

Night has fallen at this point and Carina gets to work. Mostly looking at the stars, looking for the specific four that are on the cover of the map. I look over to find Jack's crew drunk and asleep with only Jack and Henry talking. Kyle is asleep along with the crew and Jake is helping Carina. He kind of looks like a lost little puppy, following her around.

I walk on deck towards the spot Henry and I sat before, taking my hat off and taking a long breath. Smelling the sea.

When I was young, I was happy with my brother. We didn't have a care in the world. That is until I was at the age of five. My brother and I snuck into places to steal all their money. We were small and could fit into small places, making us good little thieves. My father would go away for months at a time, trying to make a living off of fishing.

My mother has always been a maid since she was a teenager. When I was about thirteen, pirates invaded our home and shot my mother, who was just trying to protect us. My brother and I ran. Ran as fast as we could and hid until dawn. Losing everything, my brother and I had nothing to lose and resorted to piracy.

He started out as a cabin boy and I started out as a gunner, surprisingly. I was always a good shot and had fun shooting a cannon.

Those were some good times. Fast forward to my brother leaving on the Flying Dutchman, the captain of my ship died fighting a British navy ship. He gave me his hat, which I still wear to date, and gave me his position. I still captain that boat and most of the crew.

I stand up from where I am sitting and walk backwards to bump into a hard chest. "Do you think that we will find the Trident?" Henry asks me.

"Yes. I know we will. I am determined to get my brother back." I say to him looking up into his eyes. We stare into each other's eyes for what seems like forever. "Idiot."

"Excuse me?"

"I can't believe you aren't kissing me yet. A gentlemen is supposed to make the first move." I huff.

"Well it's my pleasure then." Our lips crash together. The kiss deepens, making him and I moan into it. We pull apart both breathing heavily. He smiles a toothy grin. "I don't even know your real name."

I stretch up and my toes and whisper in his ear. "It's Sam." Then I walk away to the crew's quarters and I enjoy a deep sleep, dreaming of a boy with a toothy grin.

My sleep gets cut short and I am woken up with shouting. I quickly run up on deck to see a ship following us. Captain Salazar.

A/N- so I am making an attempt to write a new part like once a day. And possibly taking a break a couple times. Cause I surprisingly have a life. Or I'm just kinda lazy. Either or.