Chapter 19 - Alex

I wandered off, following the directions of the map, paying close attention to my surroundings.

There was no way I was going to loose my way, especially with the map.

I felt bad for a small while that I tricked Ben into giving me the map, but why would I care?

They aren't real, after all, I think.

I heard shouts behind me, saying, "ALEX! Where are you?!"

"Crap, they found out I left." I mutter, speed walking now.

There is no reason why I should slow down, that would mean they would find me, and probably drag me back.

I walk to the exit of the village, and start cranking the door open quickly, looking behind me in worry.

Just as the exit opened halfway, I made a run for it, and got out quickly, looking behind me and seeing everyone trying to run up the stairs, but the exit closed before they could go any further.

Without hesitation, I look at the map, and start running into the woods, making sure I was out of sight from anything, or anyone else.

I knew Mitch found me, because he shouted, "Alex! Wait!"

But I didn't stop, I wish I would, but I didn't, a part of me knew I couldn't.

It wasn't that I wanted to do this on purpose, I'd never, but I need to.

I heard the footsteps behind me, close, yet distant, making me pick up my speed.

I held the map close to me, my legs aching and my breath turning raggedy.

"Alex, wait!" Mitch says, sounding a lot more distant.

That's good, if I continue running, I'll loose him.

I started panting and breathing heavily, but I urged myself forward.

I finally looked behind me, and I didn't see anyone there, good, I lost them completely.

For a while, I was jogging, just to catch my breathe, which is pretty understandable.

But, I started running again, but this time, to my destination, Queen Alison's base.

I looked down at my map, and looked back up, I was closer, I knew it.

I decided to start walking, it would be much easier to do so if I wanted to catch my breath.

For a small while, I felt like nothing happened.

It felt like I was hunting, like in the old days, where everything seemed so simple, that is, until we came across a threat, that I still don't exactly comprehend.

Yet, I continued walking, then I looked back down at my map, the red marker in the map identified the area of Queen Alison's, er, I should just call her Alison, Queen makes her seem too powerful.

But I was confused, wasn't this the area of where it was located?

There was nothing but trees, that is, until I saw a large building, a very large building.

I looked at it, and recognized it right away.

It was where I first found Haley and Nelly.

Of course I could never forget that day.

But, something seemed wrong, I saw that the red marker was on a grey spot, which meant that it was in that specific building.

I didn't understand, I expected the base to be much, much larger, or was it just simply this building?