Chapter 17

so this is the last chapter of A Dirty Secret, there will be a epilouge posted on monday, just something short. so comment and vote please, for the last timee.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 17

I woke up in the morning with a smile on my face, things haven’t been going to bad. Last night I caught Dan talking to Kayla on the phone, I knew because he had a smile on his face and he shut the door in my face when I made a comment about it. tonight was the night James wanted to take me out, but sadly I had to go to school first.

I did what I to do and put on some black jeans and a white top with a black leather jacket. I tied my hair back and did a quick swipe of lip gloss before racing down the stairs. I hated waking up this early, I swear if I wasn’t in school then I would be sleeping till noon today. I walked in the kitchen and of course Dan and carter are already up, carter has to go to school but Dan has nowhere to go and nothing to do, the one early riser in my family. And it was very annoying how he always managed to wake up and I never could. “why are you always awake this early?” I asked. It was sort of weird. “because I don’t enjoy wasting half of my day sleeping, and it’s only 7:30” he replied casually. He was always so calm in the morning too…….

I grabbed a piece of toast and put some cream cheese on it, I didn’t have time to toast it. I stuffed it in my mouth just as Carter finished. “my Car or yours?” I pointed to his keys. I wasn’t in the mood for driving this morning, I felt happy but also like I was going to drop dead.  I waved bye at Dan as I ran out the house behind carter and got in his car. “so, last year at this school for us. I was thinking, you guys know I love you and stuff, but I don’t really want to go to college with you and Dan” carter admitted like he was talking about the weather. “what? I thought that that was the plan here? We were all going to go to the same school, it has all the majors we were planning on” why doesn’t he want to anymore?

“well yea I was thinking about that, but honestly I don’t really want to go into the medical department like Dan or English like you, I want to go into business and that isn’t the best place for it. I want to deal with music. And there are better options for me out there Tay” he said slowly, now looking over at me. I thought about it for a second, we were all planning on going to the same place, but who are we to tell him how to spend his life? If he wants to do something different we shouldn’t stand in his way. “well then I guess you better hurry up and apply” I said with a soft smile. “Really? You’re not mad or anything?” he asked suspiciously.  “no it’s your future, and why should we tell you what to do? have you told Dan yet?” Dan deserved to know. He was the first one over at that university and he was looking forward to having us there with him. “no, I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings or anything. I already applied to both of them though. I'm going to choose which one later though”

And I knew after he said that that I would not let him come with me, he didn’t want to so I wasn’t going to let him. he was going where he wanted to. “no there won’t be any choice carter. You will go to the once you want too, the business one.” I said shaking my head. he couldn’t let Dan pressure him into going with us, plus Dan would never do that, Carter would only feel guilty enough too. “well then I guess I should be telling Dan and mom and dad” he said with a sigh. I know how he feels though, I hate admitting things to people, like what me and James had too do, but everything turned out ok in the end, so I guess there really isn’t anything to worry about.

We’re all family. We pulled up at the school, Carter still had a weary look ok his face so I flicked his cheek “smile would ya? Everything’s going to be fine, just enjoy the day” and with hat I stepped out of the car, ready to enjoy my own agonizing 6 hours of school

A Dirty Secret?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें