In Which Elide Makes a Friend

"So, are you new here?"
     "Uh... Yeah.. I'm Elide Lochan."
     "Names' Lysandra. I can help you around, if you want. What do you have for first period?" Elide hesitated. She's never made friends this easily since.. Well, never.
      "History with Mr. Darrow"
      "Me too! Follow me."

*

      At lunch, Elide was prepared to sit alone. But, fate is unpredictable.
      Lysandra had stuck her hand in the air and was waving it around, in Elide's direction. So, not believing her luck, she went and sat down next to Lysandra. The dark haired beauty introduced her to the others at the table.
      The first was Sorscha. She seemed to be the peacekeeper of the group. The second was Kaltain. She was a bit mean, but had good intentions. The last was Yrene. She was shy, but extremely nice.
     "Elide, there are some people you should probably recognize in this school-" Started Yrene, but was cut off by Kaltain.
     "What 'rene means is you should know who the popular kids are. Their are three groups, or, as I like to call them, packs.
      "First of all, there's Manon Blackbeak and the Thirteen. People call them witches, or even bitches. They split off from a different group, Iskra Yellowlegs' group. Iskra isn't very popular anymore, though.
"Next is the one you really need to stay away from. Maeve and the cadre. Sounds like a classic rock band, right? Well, they're not. Very different. That bitch is like royalty in this school. And, she's evil. Like, soulless. And the boys she surrounds herself with are also really soulless and evil. Yay.
"Last, but not least, is the Ashryvers' group. The Ashryvers are those two blondies there. 'Look like twins, don't they? Actually they're cousins, but who cares. Sitting next to Aedion, that's the guy, is his boyfriend Rowan. Yes, boyfriend. Woah, gay people can be popular! Rowan actually split off from the cadre, so Maeve hates him, but everyone else loves him. Beside Aelin, the girl, is Dorian. I follow him on Instagram.. but that's not important. What matters is he's a fuckboy, but not anymore, actually. His boyfriend Chaol is next to him. Nesryn is next to Rowan. She's ace, I think? Anyway, stay away from the witches and the cadre. The Ashryvers are actually pretty nice."
"Thanks, Kaltain" replied Elide, grateful for the information.
All in all, Elide Lochan had a much better day than she thought it would be.