In Which Elide Meets Two Princes and a Witch

"Ok you annoying pricks, today you will be starting your partner projects." Mr. Darrow was given mixed responses at this, from groans to huge grins. "We will be doing gods and goddesses from Greek mythology. Your group of two or three will pick a god, and do a project on it. In today's work period, your groups will pick a god. I will announce the partners" Pair after pair were announced, until it got down to three students left. "Elide, Manon and Lorcan, you three will be a group. Now, start working!"
Lorcan and Manon wandered over to Elide and took the seats across from her. She was actually quite nervous, because these were the probably the two most scary people in school. Other than Maeve, of course.
      "Well, Elide, I don't believe we've been properly introduced," said Manon. "I'm Manon Blackbeak, and this arse over here is Lorcan Salvaterre" Lorcan huffed, and Elide let out a little laugh. Manon didn't seem as bad as she at first thought. Lorcan was slightly less scary, too.
      "Ok, we should start" Said Lorcan.
      "We should do the death dude!" Said Manon with a glint in her eyes.
      "Thanatos or Hades?" A look of confusion crossed those eyes.
       "Uh.. The one from Hercules?" Lorcan snorted.
       "That would be Hades, Manon. I guess we could do him.. Uh, if Elide agrees, of course.." Wait.. Was that a hint of nervousness that crossed Lorcan's face? Was he nervous? Around Elide? Crazy. She was not expecting this.
       "Oh, yeah! He'd be interesting to learn about." Elide smiled. Lorcan smiled with her. A tentative smile, as if testing the waters. Maybe this project would be a good thing.

*

    When Elide got out of the lunch line, she heard someone calling her name. It was Manon, waving crazily and pointing to the seat next to her. Elide took the offered seat and Manon started introducing her to everyone at the table.
      "Welcome to the table of the best lax team in country! This is Asterin, Sorrel, Vesta, Faline, Fallon, Edda, Briar, Thea, Kaya, Linnea, Ghislane, and Imogen, my underlings, as I like to call them." Elide laughed.
       Manon, Elide and the rest of the Thirteen talked for about ten minutes before they were interrupted by a black haired male sitting down directly across from Manon. Many of the people sitting at the table wolf-whistled. The stranger had brilliant blue, no, sapphire eyes. Said eyes were focused on Manon.
     "I am alone, Manon! Alone!" Manon chuckled.
     "Do tell, Dorian" Ah. So this was Dorian Hallivard.
      "Everyone is at some sporting event or other, even Nesryn! Even Chaol has abandoned me! At least I have you."
      "Exactly, Hallivard. I'm all you need. So how many likes did that photo of me get?" Dorian laughed.
      "Quite a lot. One from a certain Lax_Queen, actually." He winked in Asterin's direction. She blushed. Manon didn't seem to notice.
      "Well, this is Elide. She's my partner for a project. Her and Salvaterre." Said male passed the table and waved to Elide.
       "Hi, Elide. Blackbeak." Dorian gave a wide smirk that strangely reminded Elide of Maleficent.
       "He is smitten with her."
       "Exactly." Elide sputtered.
       "W-What?"
       "He smiled at her. Smiled." Said Manon, ignoring her.
       "Ohmygod really? I ship it! No offense, Elide, but I do."
        "He's an erotic fangirl. Don't mind him. Next he's going to be writing fanfiction or something on you. Or, like, draw crappy Hetalia fanart. He's a weeaboo."
        "Me too. The weeb part, I mean"
        "Yesssssss I have found a weeb sister."
        "Wow, I haven't seen you this excited since you found out Aedion was a living meme dictionary."
        "I need to meet this Aedion."
        "Oh no!" Said Manon while mock swooning. "Another memer"