In Which Elide Has An Extremely Confusing Day.

Elide normally didn't swear. But, to hell with that. What. The. Actual. Fuck.
       First, she got pushed around in the halls by a stampede of seniors.
       Then, she got rescued by her prince.
        Lorcan.
         He just sidled up beside her and  the stampede went around them, like he was Moses parting the waves.
         It wasn't a bad thing, it was just surprising.
         Thennnnnnnn the Ashryvers came. Aedion, the guy, had his hair pulled back in a bun and seemed to be talking to a green eyed male. That must've been his boyfriend, Rowan.
          Aelin was slightly in front of them, joking with Dorian. Dorian waved at Elide. Then not-so-subtly shipped Lorcan and her. Aelin's eyes shot over to Elide and a wide, crazy grin spread on the blonde's face.
         Elide was afraid for her life in that moment.
          "Hey, you're Manon's friend, right?" Elide nodded. "Well, that automatically makes you my friend! I'm Aelin, by the way, and my twin over there is Aedion. He's not my actual twin, we're just cousins."
"I'm Elide Lochan." That grin was still there. Maybe that was normal? Even if it was, it unnerved Elide just a bit.
       Ok, a lot. 
        "So, can I get your number?" Aelin asked, with a smirk on her face that would make any lesbian scream, "Take me now!" And marry her. But Elide was no lesbian, or of any sexuality that found the same gender sexually attractive. So she just blushed and stuttered.
       "U-Uh.." The dark-haired beauty was saved from her confusion by a certain tall, ruggedly handsome classmate.
       "Back off Ashryver, she's straight." Aelin swore under her breath and frowned, but then a bright smile popped out again.
       "We can still be friends though, right?"
       "Um... Sure."
       "Cool! I have to get to class now, but I look forward to seeing you again!" And with that, the blonde jogged away.
       But not before another blonde sidled up next to Lorcan. It was Aedion, this time.
       "Yo Lorry, Maeve is just around the bend. I would suggest going faster." He winked at Elide before ducking into a classroom. Elide wracked her brain, but could not remember the name Maeve. But she was probably bad news.
      Lorcan nodded and pushed Elide to their classroom.

*

      When Elide returned home, she sighed in delight when she remembered her uncle was going to be gone for a few weeks. Some business trip or something. She made her way up the stairs and to her room, where her cat, Morwen, sat on the bed.
     Morwen was a lazy calico, but she was friendly, although a bit scared of her new house. Elide had gotten her from a friend, long ago.
     Elide leaned back on her headboard and petted the feline while she pondered the events of that morning.
    People can be strange, thought Elide.

Ok, so that's the end of another chapter! This one took forever finish, and I'm sorry for the wait. But I hope you enjoyed it!