Ch.13 - Lost

Their plan was put to execution. They all geared up with what they could, preparing themselves to end this once and for all. To end what they should have ended long ago. Clear escorted Aoba all the way to the shop, Aoba's eyes lighting up in memory of the place. When they entered and encountered Haga, it was as if time had turned back, and for a few moments, Aoba was back to his old self again.

"Haga, we're here!" Clear called, the older man walking in. He looked only slightly older since last seeing him, smiling as he hurried to Aoba.

"Aoba!" Haga said, quickly hugging him, to which Aoba hug back.

"Haga. Long time no see." Aoba hummed, Haga excitedly nodding.

"Welcome back!" Haga said.

"We don't want to leave Aoba alone while we go to pick up some things. I was hoping he could stay here for a while." Clear explained. Haga nodded eagerly.

"Of course! Aoba's welcome here any time!" Haga said. "It'll be like old times!"

"Yeah." Aoba said, though his smile never wavered. "I think I still remember how to handle inventory."

"See? Come right in then." Haga said. Clear turned to Aoba.

"We'll be back before closing time. If there's anything, you can always call us." Clear said, gently holding Aoba's head, and landing a soft kiss on it. "We won't take long."

Aoba forced a smile. He knew better. He knew their intentions. Their plan. What they were really going to do, and yet...he wanted to trust them. They had gone through so much to help him. To save him. He didn't want to be a bother. To be a burden to them in this dangerous attempt.

I don't want to lose them again.

"I'll get going then. I'll be right back!" Clear said, waving cheerfully before he left the store. Aoba waved at him, his smile fading slightly as he felt his heart ache for just a moment.

Please come back to me.

...

By the time Clear returned, Noiz had already scoured through the local forums and sites in search of clues involving the Morphine leaders.

"Do we know where they are?" Mink asked, looking over Noiz' shoulders.

"There is not exact location...but all signs, and information from the forums point at the same place." Noiz said, looking up at the group. "The remains of Oval Tower."

"Figures they'd choose that place out of a whole island." Koujaku scoffed. Ren gripped his fists tightly.

"Are...are you guys ready?" Ren asked, looking up at the group. "Once we start...there is no going back." The group exchanged glances, equal of worry and determination. Mink cleared his throat.

"No point in giving up now." Mink said, cracking his knuckles. His golden eyes glanced up at the group, a glare eminent. "Let's make these bastards pay."

...

After Toue's downfall, Platinum Jail opened up for everyone, and gave-way to a new chapter of the island. Ribteams and Rhyme teams alike like Scratch and Ruff Rabbit moved in, taking the chances to start new lives for themselves, helping set up businesses over the ones already there and making it a grand tourist destination, bringing much welcomed income to the island. Yet, not all was as grand. Oval Tower and its surrounding areas remained as they were since their destruction, sitting as a remainder, the attempt to clean up or even rebuild the place too much of a task for anyone to really bother. Deserted, and hidden in plain sight, the perfect place for Morphine.