Prolouge

Get out of here, monster!

No one wants you here.

You're just an ugly, deformed faggot! Go kill yourself!

Fukase read over the words writing on the walls of the bathroom stall. He had heard it all before, nothing new.

Poor Fukase had been severely tormented by his peers since he was a young child when he had gotten into a fire accident. When he was seven years old, his father- an unstable scientist- had been playing around with chemicals, and had started a small one. Fukase, he rushed down to his father's lab in the basement, smelling smoke- then saw the grown fire. He was paralyzed with fear and awe, he had always wondered what it was like inside a glowing ember. Now he knew.

His father and mother were both killed, he was forced to live with his cousins Cul and Arsloid Unfortunately, his appearance was changed: his once light brown hair turned cherry red, green eyes to red orbs, his left with no whites but a pool of red, and the whole left side of his body was badly deformed. He became cynical over time, still forced to go to school. All he wanted was release, to end all the hate he received from his classmates. Someone or somewhere he could go to escape it all. He found one in his middle school. The other students had been so afraid and disgusted by him, they let him have his own stall. He ran to it when he was in the middle of getting beat up. But, though it was private, when he wasn't there the other male students would go inside it and write horrible comments. This was nothing new to the untrusting, red-hued boy. Nobody cared about him.

Except for one.

-

-

-

Oliver had been teased for his appearance since the accident happened. Not bullied, but simply teased.

He was still shaken by what had happened. It was is 10th birthday, three years ago. His parents, Big Al and Sweet Ann, had given him $30 so he could buy the one thing he wanted- a pet bird. Not just a random one, one he had seen being captured, an American goldfinch. He went to the pet store and saw the lonesome bird sitting alone in the small habitat. He asked for that bird and paid the money. He named the bird James, his new best friend.

But on the rather extensive walk home, he was restrained. A hand covered his mouth and pulled his wrists back, shoving him into an alleyway where the unknown assailant started beating small Oliver. He tried to fight back, James had hidden in fear so he was alone with the man. When Oliver had his arms slashed open, broken ankle and snapped kneecap, the man figured he would finish the job. He took out a switchblade and aimed to cut open his side, but Oliver had dodged it- instead, the switchblade stabbed his left eye, the orb bloody and nearly completely out of the socket. As Oliver screamed, the man stabbed his side anyway. He left, saying "It's just business." as he left the blond boy to die. And that, he started to. He passed out, not knowing he had been taken to a hospital for serious treatment. He was in comatose-state for two months. He was lucky to be alive. The had tried to heal his arms, but it had required surgery and in the end, the simply wrapped up his arms, and the same for his legs, But, his eye was beyond fixing. An empty socket, occasionally dripping black liquid. He covered it with more bandages; at this point, he resembled a mummy. This, nobody ever talked about, it wasn't his bandages they had teased for; Instead, an outfit resembling a sailor boy. He used to wear simple clothes that you would see on any boy in Britain, striped shirt, and khakis. But, those were no longer comfortable- the only thing that caught his eye was a navy blue sailor outfit, yellow detailing, white shirt underneath and black shorts. Not even shoes: he would rather have the bandages open. He was only teased for his clothes. Everyone respected the kind boy, and everyone was his friend.

Except for one.

Author's Note:
I know I haven't updated this in forever sorry. Making a few edits to each chapter to improve it! Will be writing again soon!