Chapter 7: A New Family

Remus came in to wake Harry and Ron the next morning. Harry had listened the night before and went to bed at a decent time. He pulled on one of Dudley's old t-shirts and a pair of jeans 3 sizes too big that had to be held up with a belt. Remus didn't look much better in a ratty pair of tan corduroys and an oversized polo shirt, the best Muggle clothes he owned.

"When do we leave? Do I have time to tell the others about the prophecy?" Harry asked as they headed for breakfast. Winky had insisted on cooking breakfasts so Mrs. Weasley did not need to be up so early.

"Yes, we don't want to get to your Aunt's until your Uncle is gone," Remus told him. "Why don't you tell them right after breakfast? I can be there for support if you like." They entered the kitchen; the others were halfway through their meal. When they were done Harry cleared his throat.

"There's something else you all should know. It's something Dumbledore told me at the end of last year." Harry said, he suddenly had everyone's undivided attention. "The reason Voldemort was at the Department of Mysteries was to obtain the prophecy, the one that smashed. Dumbledore told me what was in the prophecy, he was the one the prophecy was made to before I was born." Harry went on to tell them everything Dumbledore had told him at the end of last year. When he finished, Hermione and Ginny were crying and Ron looked like he had been hit with a bludger.

"That's why we got to join the Order. I need to learn everything I can to be able to defeat Voldemort." Harry said to his friends, who were taking the news as badly as he thought they would. "I just wanted to be the one to tell you, I didn't want it to come up at an order meeting."

"We will help you, Harry," Hermione said trying to stop her tears from falling.

"You can count on us to do whatever it takes to get you trained, just like with the Tri-wizard tournament," Ron told him. Ginny just jumped up and hugged him tightly, not having the ability to talk through her tears.

"Harry, it's time to go," Remus said gently.

"It's ok Gin," Harry told the redhead who was trembling in his arms. "We'll get through this," he whispered reassuringly in her ear before pulling out of the embrace. Both Ron and Hermione hugged him before he was ushered out of the house by Remus.

"He never gets a break does he?" Ron asked out loud. "Every time we think things are starting to go our way, something happens to bring us back to reality."

"At least we have an idea of why Voldemort killed his parents and why he keeps trying to kill him." Hermione added, "It's just so intense, kill or be killed." Ginny broke down in sobs and ran up to her room.

"Why is she so upset? We're his best friends; we should be the ones that are upset!" Ron questioned, shrugging his shoulders. Hermione just shook her head at how dense boys were.

Harry and Remus arrived back on Privet Drive. "I thought it would be longer until I had to come back here." He joked, "But this is the first time I've ever volunteered to come here."

"Let's hope it's the last time you have to," Remus said putting his arm around Harry's shoulder in a fatherly way. Harry had never felt so secure with the prospect of seeing his relatives. Remus rang the doorbell.

"What are you doing here?" Petunia asked both angry and scared. "I thought we were through with you until next year."

"That's what we are here to discuss Mrs. Dursley," Lupin said, "If we may come in, I'm sure you would not want the neighbors to overhear our conversation." Those were the 'magic' words to get her to usher them into the living room. "We have determined a method to transfer the protection that Lily gave to Harry so that you would not have to be his guardian anymore."