Chapter 14: Secrets Revealed

The first few weeks of classes raced by and soon it was time for Quidditch tryouts. Ron and Harry spent lunch and dinner talking about nothing else. Ginny was trying to listen as they discussed potential chasers. They all went down to the pitch for tryouts. They would need two new beaters, the ones from last year quit, and two new Chasers. Harry and Ron decided that Ginny got one of the spots without needing to try out; Ron had seen her play enough to know she was good.

Harry noticed Malfoy in the stands watching the potential Gryffindor players. He was the new captain of the Slytherin team and Harry couldn't wait to beat him again. Draco had come out to the pitch under ruse of spying on their potential team, but in reality he wanted to see the pretty little redhead again. She looked great on a broom with her hair fanning out behind her like a mane. She was very good, could fly circles around those trying out for the other chaser positions. Draco knew she was even better than his chasers, the only positions he needed filled were beaters and Crabbe and Goyle would probably get them just for sheer size and brute strength. A bludger hit by them could kill someone.

Ginny tried to pretend she didn't see the Slytherin Prince watching her every move, it was quite unnerving. Tonks had been telling her how he was turning into a good person, but she still didn't want him staring at her. Harry and Ron stayed in the locker rooms discussing who should be on the team so she decided to take a walk around the lake. She was watching the giant squid and bumped into someone, again.

"Little Weasley we need to stop meeting this way," Draco said helping he from the ground like he had on the train. Ginny didn't know what to say to him, she didn't want to start a fight with nobody around to help her if she got into trouble.

Ginny couldn't hold back her tongue, she was too much like the twins, and she just had to say the first thing that popped into her head. "And how would you rather we meet Malfoy?" She asked with a sassy tone that Draco found incredibly sexy.

"I would meet a beautiful girl like you anywhere you asked me to," He said before he could help himself. His natural reaction was to charm women, even if he was seeing someone. Damn it, how did he always forget Amanda when he was talking to the red head?

"I'm not accustomed to hanging out with dragons, they tend to breathe fire when least expected." Ginny said making it clear to him that she did not trust him. "Besides, I am rather fond of phoenixes and you have a girlfriend."

Draco smiled at her referring to him as a dragon and he knew her secret admirer called himself the Phoenix, but what really threw him off was her mentioning he had a girlfriend. Potter must have told her about him and Amanda. "Good day little Weasley." Draco said and walked off leaving her by the lake.

Ginny went back to the castle to find Tonks; she wanted her opinion on the whole matter. She knocked on her door and was surprised when Remus answered it. "Hello Ginny," he said with a smile and led her into the room, he excused himself and left the girls to talk. "We need to be careful Ginny, he is so close to taking the final steps over to our side, I'm afraid if he finds out about you and Harry he'll turn back to evil. Harry and he are rivals, now it seems they are rivals for your affections as well." Tonks told her.

"I better not tell Harry, he'll get Ron and we'll be picking up pieces of Malfoy all over the castle." Ginny said shaking her head. "He better not try anything or he's going to be seriously hurting, I am very good at my bat bogey hex. Last time I hit him with it, he was in the hospital wing for a long time!"

Remus came back in with a frown after Ginny left. "This is going to end badly."

"Why do you think that?" Tonks asked intrigued, he was usually a positive guy.