28

{Paulo’s POV}

They got married yesterday. It still hasn’t sink in. He proposed to her in Lake Tahoe but they never made any indication that the wedding would take place this soon. I didn’t attend the wedding but I did help them find a venue for the reception. It’s not the first time celebrities married in secret. Hell, I married LJ before she gave birth to Aki. Diether Ocampo and Kristine Hermosa married in secret months before they announced it to the public. And look where it all ended.

My divorce with LJ was finalized a year ago and Kristine’s now happily married to someone else. I’m not saying James and Nadine will probably get separated in the long run but they’re both too young for it. I really hope he makes her happy.

I left right after the OTWOL segment for their concert. I was driving close to home when Len called.

Pau, san ka? Nasa concert ka pa?

Nope, pauwi na.

Nakakaloka si James!

Huh? Why? What happened? Instantly I thought of Nadine and got worried.

Nag-I love you sya kay Nadine sa harap ng Araneta!

Wow. Apparently, it’s myself I should be worried about. If their being married yesterday seemed surreal, tonight just drove it home.

I made a U-turn and called Jake.