44

{Nadine’s POV}

How are you? Yassi asked while settling on the bed. I used to sleep on the futon but we decided to buy an actual bed when my tummy started showing.

Okay lang naman. I continue folding the baby clothes. I shopped right after I found out I was having a baby boy. We all figured I might as well ready everything I need just in case the baby comes unscheduled. At least that’s what my mom and my OB said – that firstborns are usually ahead or late on schedule.

Nadz…yung totoo? You can’t lie to me. I know you check his pictures every now and then.

She’s right. I try to refrain from looking at my social media accounts. But it’s not too hard to get updates about him. He’s all over the news and practically his every move makes it to instagram and twitter.

Yass, I don’t really care about the girls. Nong una, oo, parang feeling ko I was betrayed. But I was the one who left. And I know him. He’s not gonna wait around moping. He’s a guy. He has needs. And if you remember, we started out in a friend with benefits kind of setup. We’re basically free to do whatever we want and be with whoever when we want. No commitment. No nothing.

Yeah, but you’re married now. That’s a whole lot of difference baby.

I sighed. Yass… do you see any ring? I lifted my hand to show her.

She shook her head. Where-?

The very last time I saw him was in that press con after the tour. I went straight to the condo and left the rings with him. Along with an I’m sorry and goodbye note. If there’s anyone who let go first? It was me. I gave him up.

You didn’t have any choice. He didn’t give you any choice.

I guess we all have to live with the choices we make. I smiled sadly.

How are you doing all this? She seemed amazed. You’re so strong. Her tears fell.

Yass please. I was trying to keep it together, but she turned to hug me and that’s when my own tears started falling. I cried quietly while we hug, drawing strength from each other.

You know what hurts the most? It’s that he hasn’t even seen our son and he’s already rejecting him. Between the two of us, he’s the one who wanted a baby.

Oh honey…She pulls away to cup my face. You’re having a boy?

Yes. And I cried harder.

I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. We stayed like that for some time. Until our tears run dry.

Nadz, you’re gonna be okay. I promise you. It’s not okay now. But one day, it will be fine and you’re gonna be okay. And we’re all gonna be here for you. Tama na tong iyak. Baka pumangit ang baby boy natin.

She wipes my tears while I wipe hers.