i

athena's breath

what's better to do on a friday evening rather than just to go home, take a dip in a sweet herbal bath, put on a cute pj, wrap your torso with soft blanket and drink good coco while watching those fluffy kdramas?

yep, that's what kim jisoo had in mind. she was on the edge of shoving herself down the school stairs and roll over on the floor as a way of transportation. she was damn tired.

but as she walked out of the school and into the yard, her ears caught loud chaotic voices from the left.

jisoo started to look for the source, curiosity and fear mixed into a nauseous feels. well, it was 5pm.

as her cautious steps brought her to it, the view made her heart popped. some girls was rounding an other girl, who was kneeling on the grass. there was something brown-ish scattered around her legs. it was strands of hair.

“w-what are you doing to her!? hey stop it! you're hurting her, get out of the way!” jisoo snapped at the standing girls as she approached and shove them away.

one of them got scissors lacing between her fingers.

however, jisoo didnt back off or feel a bit intimidated. all the fatigue and soreness in her burned away by the anger boiling and erupting inside.

jisoo took the bullied girl's hand and helped her stand. her heart broke as she scanned the girl's face with her sight. harshly chopped hair. tears stained cheeks. dry lips out of screaming and sobbings. a slightly open scar on her left cheek, trailing blood.

finally, one of the girls behind her groaned, “oh stop pretending to be such a hero, you slut. get out of the way or i won't hesitate on ripping your hair off your ugly head!”

jisoo turned around as she got hella furious. didn't they know she's good at kicking? those good legs aren't just for show, you know.

“oh shut up! i will call out the school's officer and yall gonna be goners!” she snapped back.

the tall one with tangerine hair looked her down in an underestimating way, “didnt you heard her screams? no one is here to help, you rat.”

jisoo froze. she's right. jisoo couldn't even hear a thing when she was still inside the school. what now?

ah! good thing her brilliant brain did not fail her that day. she reached her pocket and starting to type numbers on her phone to dial.

the girl put it on speaker as the operator went in line ; “911, what's your emergency?

one of the girls, the one holding scissors, dropped the object immediately and started to ran off as though her arse was on fire. yelping 'i dont want to be in jail' along the way.

the other two stared jisoo with the 'you did not just do that!?' face. she only gave them a smirk.

“you will pay for this!” the tangerine said as she also ran away.

”ugh, you're such a slut!” the other one said in a tone as if her mom didnt buy the toy she wants, following her friends.

//

“you okay?” jisoo checked on the girl behind her. it was kind of a stupid question, judging by her appearance she obviously was not fine.

“why did you do that? they'll pick on you now.. they'll ruin your life. you shouldn't have done that..”

jisoo stared at her in an offended look. not a thank you or something?? however, she just shrug it off and helped the girl pick up her bag. “in my opinion, you dont have to go to school yet tomorrow, take a rest and heal your scars.”

but again, the girl didnt say anything. she didnt even look at jisoo. she just grab her bag and walk straight out the school gate. well that was such an experience.

i| athena's breath