viii

one in the morning

(four days prior)

another sigh. her stare glued at the suitcase upon the floor. oh, fuck it she finally said, kicking it slightly away with the tip of her toes. she began throwing unfolded, random, clothes into the suitcase. ever so carelessly.

little did she know, a figure stood by her door frame. watching her movements with a tiresome look within its eyes. ugh, really?

the girl jumped in surprise, of course, followed by a shriek. who the fuck are you? no, what the fuck are you doing in my fucking room!?

the figure (it's a girl), brushed through her long charcoal hair. business. she replied, throwing back a blank look.

uGH FREAK!! GET OUTTA MY HOUSE YOU PSYCHO!

the charcoal haired girl made a dangerous steps towards her, eyes beginning to glow with flames and teeths a whole set of fangs bracing to d—but she stopped. instead, she touched the girl's tangerine hair gently.

leaning closer, she whispered, so you're saying i'm the psycho?
a terrifying, inhumanly, low whisper, seulgi?

another shriek.

//

(present time)
it's getting brighter around here, i'm guessing our way out is right around the corner. this was chaeyoung, leading the others.

not even a while after, the trees began melting down. decreasing by each steps until finally, it cleared out.

a familiar concrete road layed before them.

with a burst of relieve and joy, they glance at one another. a smile was finally visible, stretching across their faces as they nod.

they've made it.
they made it out of the forest.

//

the four girls, followed by the taxi driver, stood beside the road. it was probably around 1 in the morning as they prayed for any vehicle to pass by.

a white sedan drove past them, full speed.

look at em go, commented lisa, hEY ASSHAT! she yelled, nonchalant over the fact that it was too far away to be heard.

but suddenly, a yellow truck pulled up on them. the driver motioned for the five to get on. delighted, they marched onto the truck. lisa and jennie at front, with the rest followed in the back.

the vehicle tremble briefly before its lights flicked on, shone the view before them and continued on the road.

thank you, sir, said jennie, leaning her head a bit to look at the driver.

oh, it's a lady.

oh-i'm very sorry, i didn't mean to.. until this point, no response. in fact, there hasn't been anything.

the driver lifted her head, tugging a strand of hair behind her ear.

jennie frowned.

the car lights flicked brighter.

a gasp.

no..

the light flicked brighter.

seulgi?!

the driver twisted her head.
car lights blew up.

viii| one in the morning