Chapter 24

Claire's POV

After I finish my first slice, I go back to the kitchen and put the plate in the sink. Grabbing a glass cup, which is the only thing they have,I fill it with water as Harry walks in. Suddenly, he pushes past me, causing the cup to fall on the floor, shattering in pieces.

"Why are you so clumsy?" He rolls his eyes at me.

I try to pick up the glass as fast as I could but as I pick up a shard, I accidentally grasp it--forgetting that I had taken off my bandages because my wounds have started to heal--the shard rips through my skin and the blood pours out.

Looking up at Harry--who is now facing the fridge and not paying attention to me--I look at my hand, seeing the crimson blood seep out.

The blood is so beautiful, how it just pours out of my skin. Taking the shard, I lift my sleeve up and run the shard against my wrist. The blood beats up from the opening and slides down.

"Yes." I whisper to myself, the painful but calmness feeling hitting me as I draw another. The door opens, seeing Zayn casually walk in the kitchen, but freezes when his eyes lock with the blood.

I can't think straight, everything is disoriented right now.

"Claire!" He strides over to me. Harry turns around and sees me with a blank expression on his face as he walks out of the room.

I take the shard and try to draw another, but Zayn stops my hand. "Stop." He sternly says. I try to wiggle from his grasp but it's no use, so I drop the shard, now covered in my blood, as it makes a 'ping' sound when it hits the ground.

Zayn calls in the rest of them, including Harry, and they all pile in the kitchen.

"I-I dropped the cup and it broke. I tried to pick the pieces up but it didn't work. I-It feels amazing." I blink as my vision begins to blur. Closing my eyes, I start to feel sleepy as everything gets dark.

Zayn's POV

Claire closes her eyes, and I can feel her body limp.

"F.uck she's not moving!" I start to freak out. I check for her pulse, my fingers finding her neck as I feel the blood pulsing through.

"She's still alive." I tell the boys, sighing in relief. Picking her up, I walk into the living room, and gently place her on the couch. Liam takes my place as I look at my hands, seeing her blood.

"Guys," I warn them, staring to feel dizzy. Is the room spinning?

"Hey," Louis shakes me. "I don't want to carry you to the couch," he jokes at me.

Heading to the bathroom to wash my hands, I see the water mixed with her blood as I stare at it going down the drain. Snapping out of my gaze, I turn off the sink and wipe my hands with the hand towel before put it in the hamper. Rummaging through the medicine cabinet, find what I need: bandages, antibiotics, and the disinfectant spray.

Walking out of the bathroom--carrying all the supplies in my hands--I head to the living room seeing that they're all surrounding her as I walk in. Dropping all of the stuff on the table, I take the tissues and wet them in the kitchen before walking back in.

My hand starts to shake as I try to wipe the blood.

"I got it." Liam pats my back, assuring me as I hand the tissue to him and he wipes the blood off.

He takes the disinfectant spray and covers her wounds with it as she doesn't stir, like her body is almost lifeless. After he cleans the spray off of her arm, he wraps her arm with the bandages, then puts her arm over her stomach.