Tell Violetta? Or not?

Violetta played,"I'm coming for you" on the keyboard in the singing hall.

(To herself)"No, no, no, Violetta. Don't think about what you don't have. Think about what you do have. Concentrate."

Angie came rushing in. "Vilu, I need to tell you something. I think you need to know the truth."

"What is is Angie? You scaring me." Violetta said.

"I don't know where to begin. It is very important that you know this."

"Okay, but why is dad here?" Violetta said as German entered. "What is it? Why are you looking at each other like that? What's going on?"

"Uh, nothing, I don't know, I was just around and I thought I would say hi." German said.

"Angie, please tell me the truth what is this all about." Violetta said.

"What happened was that-" Angie said.

"What Angie, what happened?" Violetta said.

"What happened was that I need a day off. I'm just so tired, Vilu. I'm just so..."  Angie couldn't believe she was covering for him, but- "I just asked your dad for a day off, so I won't be be teaching your classes tomorrow, so I just wanted to tell you, so you could organize your schedule, and-" 

"Alright, are you sick?" Violetta was worried for her aunt.

"No, no, I'm not sick, I'm just tired. I'm just exhausted from everything that's going on." Angie said, which was true.

"Yeah, I know-" Violetta didn't know.

"That's all." Angie said.

"Okay alright." Violetta turned towards her dad. "It was nice of you to come by, I mean, I wasn't expecting-" 

"Yeah, well, I just needed to get a hug from my daughter, okay?" German said.

"You can have as many hugs as you like, Daddy." Violetta hugged German.

German thanked Angie with a glance during the hug.

The bell rang. "I'll see you after class, okay?" Violetta said.

"Yeah, I'll see you at home-" German said.

Violetta looked at Angie. "We'll talk later, okay?"

"Okay-" Angie said.

"It's okay..." Violetta said leaving the room.

"Angie, thank you, I don't know why you didn't tell Violetta, but thanks." German said.

"I did it for Violetta, and for me, because I don't want her to feel as bad as I do right now. I hope you have the courage to tell her truth, and I hope one more thing, for her sake, I hope she doesn't find out the same way I did. That's all I hope." Angie walked to the door, but turned back around to face German. "Knowing how I felt about you, and about Jeremias, you didn't have the courage to tell me?"

"Let me assure you that-" German said.

"Don't say anything, you can't assure me of anything. No matter what you say to me, I still feel like you're lying." Angie paused. "I don't believe it."