Chapter 10: How it came to be

When Kawahira first laid his eyes on Tsuna, he knew the child will face all the hardships of the world. Clutching the hem of his step mother, Tsuna smiled shyly at him. "Kawahira-San..." The young woman, the step mother, looked at Kawahira sadly, eyes glistening solemnly

"Is he...?" Kawahira closed his eyes in pity, a soft, yet pained sigh left his lips. He looked at the child once again. And felt the great surge of the purest flame, he ever felt within a young child. He nodded solemnly, the young woman smiled sadly and acceptedly. "I knew he was destined for much greater things... but, I never thought..."

Kawahira comforted the young woman by patting her shoulders, the latter's blue eyes glistened as tears began to swell in her eyes. "I'm sure this child will do fine, as he is your child... after all, Aria."

Tsuna tilted his head in act of confusion, he understood what was happening. He understood what gave his mother grief. He understood what he had to do. He is, after all, Aria's son.

...

Tsuna held his head in pain, his heart, and his body felt like in fire. He groaned in pain as he felt his knees weaken. He clenched his pacifier as images flashed in his head. The violet pacifier glowed brightly.

"Tsuna... are you really...?"

"Tsu-chan~! come here. You wouldn't want your family hurt, right?"

"You should have never existed! You demon brat!"

"You killed all of them... y-y-you monster!"

"Even if I have to stain this hands in pure red, I will protect my family."

Memories flashed through his head, he pounded his fist in the ground, falling to his knees. He kept punching and punching it until the crater was too big, after regaining some of his consciousness, he stopped.

Giotto rushed to his brother's room, hearing the loud and frightening sound of pounding. His guardians and the younger ones heard as well, they gathered at the front of the door. The sound stopped as Giotto hesitantly opened the door.

Until they heard Tsuna scream.

...

Chrome opened her eyes, she heard that loud pained scream. It was so familiar... the tone, the sound, the pain... it was like Tsuna. Chromes eyes widen, she stood from the bed. She fell down, she just woke up. Her knees is too weak, but the burning determination to go where Tsuna is, kept her going. She crawled on the wall, her strength slowly slipping away from her body.

She bit her lips, white dots started to hinder her vision. She sucked a breath, and motivated herself to go faster. She nearly lost consciousness, till she arrived at the door. Her hand reaches out on the door, slightly opened. She heard him scream, once more. She hurriedly went inside.

"Chrome!?" Mukuro, she identified. She didn't have the time. She needs to get the pacifier. Her pacifier. She went towards Tsuna. "Tsuna-nii..." She muttered under her breath. Tsuna's eyes opened slightly at the voice. "N-no..." Tsuna clutched Chrome's pacifier, his eyes narrowed in sorrow. "Y-you can't.." Tsuna cried out.

"You've done enough..." Chrome weakly murmured. Her hands gently took Tsuna's. She brushed her lips on his hands, Tsuna's weak hand slowly released his grip. Giotto's eyes widen, no, all of them. Inside Tsuna's palm was a pacifier. Giotto knew that pacifier. That pacifier is cursed. His intuition whispered. His brow knitted, how can Chrome, a full grown person, hold a pacifier? Aren't the holder the strongest babies? Oh well, he is confused as hell.

Chrome gulped, but steadily took the pacifier from Tsuna. The pacifier glowed brighter than ever, almost blinding Giotto and the others. Chrome felt her her heart being squished, ragged breathing was seeping from her. Tsuna's slightly unconscious self knew what to do, he reached out his hand, touching the pacifier as well, he also began to glow.

Giotto felt his HI perk up, whispering words that said not to bother what is happening in front of him. "What...is happening?" He heard muttered, Mukuro was about to run towards Chrome, but Giotto raised an arm in warning, "Stop, my intuition is wary of this, stay back and let us handle this."

Chrome was surprised, she didn't turn in to a body of a child, what was happening? Wasn't that the curse? She looked at her neck, seeing the pacifier tightly wrapped around her neck. Tsuna smiled weakly and slowly succumbed to conciseness, with a shout he will never forget how frightened the voice was.

"TSUNA!"

...

Kawahira slowly sucked the noodles, enjoying its tasty flavor and closed his eyes in satisfaction. Until he felt the thumping of his chest. His eyes widen critically and placed the noodles at a near by desk and sucked some breaths. "Isn't this too early...?" He muttered as he felt tears began to swell up his in his eyes. "That poot child..."

He pitied Sawada Tsunayoshi for his unchanged fate.

...

Chrome clenched her pacifier. It was her fault why Tsuna was in this state.

Each pacifier he held had a dangerous aftermath. Her pacifier will give nightmares of his past, creating illusions of hatred, for its temporary holder slowly walks the path to insanity.

She grieved at the thought of it, having to relive all his horrific nightmare all night of his life was too harsh, too pitiful. She cried for his sake, for all the pain and tears that he kept to his heart, all alone.

She cried for Sawada Tsunayoshi, her dear brother. Who sacrificed everything for their sake.

As Chrome continued to weep, Giotto's eyes narrowed in sorrow and anger. "What is happening here? What is happening to my brother..?"