Chapter 16: the truth (1)

"But I guess nothing last forever." Tsunayoshi's voice quivered, his eyes held its usual empty look that Kyoya sees from time to time.

Kyoya's brow furrowed with confusion, "Tsunayoshi?" He whispers. The room remained silent, they didn't notice him slip in. Still, Tsunayoshi smiled but his smile was heartbreaking. Like he was trying to hold all the pain in, "I really can't tell you everything right now,"

"But I'll tell you all the truth, before that please gather everyone." He said in resolute, eyes boring on Giotto's who nodded. He pulled out his phone and started making calls on the younger siblings of his guardians.

The room was still devastatingly silent, no one moving an inch while Tsunayoshi seems to be stuck in his own thoughts. Kyoya was silent as well, eyes still on the young sky. His gaze held confusion as to why and what is happening.

15 minutes passed, and the door slammed open. Then came in the other kids, altough slightly panting from running and had a panicked look on their face still looked fairly well after their sudden summoning.

"Take a sit, Hayato, Takeshi, Lambo and Ryohei. I have something to tell you."

Tsuna could feel his heart beating against his chest, he felt dizzy and just wanted to rest his body and never wake up. But he knew he has to, and he couldn't hold it back any longer.

His heart that is filled with so much regret is still shattering into smaller pieces, and maybe if this continued, it will just turn into small particles that the wind sweeps away. Dread has settled itself on the pit of his stomach and his hand felt damp.

They looked at him in confusion, and the room was silent and Tsunayoshi knew it was time.

"I... this is the first time I'm telling all this," he started with a pitiful smile, "Giotto-nii, what Kyoya said was true. Iemitsu and Nana did abuse me, and I was just a small child then and I already thought that a heavy hand was a symbol of love." Tsuna's eyes met with Giotto, whom looked away in guilt.

Tsuna can see their questioning gaze in where he knows the answer, "when did it start? I don't really remember anymore, Nana slapping me across the face was one of my first memory from childhood." He chuckled bitterly.

"But there was someone I called my mother, whose identity I can't disclose, but she became the parent I never had. I met her when I was about 3 until I was-..." he cuts himself off before starting again.

"I first met Kyoya when I was about 4, he saw me crying in the playground. I think it was the evening after Giotto-niisan left, isn't it Kyoya?" Kyoya nodded but his lips were tight and his brow furrowed in what lookes liked anger and disappointment, he turned his head to face Giotto.

Giotto blinked and then he remembered how he treated his younger brother when they were children, instead of helping Tsunayoshi have a good life... he made it worst. He bowed his head in shame as his cheeks burned from embarrassment.

"He helped from that day on but he had to go to Italy by then, but he visited me in the summers until I was 6." Mukuro and Chrome shifted uncomfortably. "That was when they sold me off to the Estraneo and there I met Mukuro and Chrome."

"What did they do to you there... and why did Iemitsu and Nana sold you off? As far as I know they had money, and weren't they afraid if Giotto noticed you were gone?" G asked.

"Ahh... because solding off a child with a rare bloodline like Vongola is worth more than the rarest diamonds in our world, you guys should know that." He smiled bitterly at the memory, "And they knew of my 'strained' relationship with Giotto-niisan and never once in those 2 years when he was in italy did he mention me in the calls nor greeted me, made Nana and Iemitsu believe that Giotto-niisan couldn't careless about me."

Giotto's heart dropped and he just wants to sob. This was his fault, if he just showed what he truly felt about the younger this would have never gotten ghis far. He just wants to sob and beat himself up.

"Tsunayoshi... I..." he whispers brokenly, Tsuna looked up to him with a solemn smile. "I know, I've already forgiven you. You can't do anything about the past, it had already happened." He says.

"Tsuna... when you suddenly transferred was because of this? You didn't transfer to any school but was sold off? That's.. really horrible." Takeshi drew a breath as the info sinks into him.

Hayato looked close to tears and Ryohei was akin to a tomato because of how red his face is with anger or sorrow. Lambo was just downright sobbing.

Kyoya had a straight face, but everyone could see the conflict and anger whirl in his eyes.

"I met Mukuro and Nagi there, its a somewhat lucky situation." Tsuna says with a smile, his eyes curling while looking at the twins. "Even though the pain was great, I had them to support me and my mom... until something in me triggered, and maybe it was because of what they've done to me.. I don't know but its something I don't think I will ever control."

"I can't explain what it is but it feels like a dark murky thing in me, like its eating me whole. It isn't easy to trigger but not impossible. I don't know, I've never realy tested it myself." He says, clutching his shirt.