/19\

they would pass by each other sometimes in the hallway, and whenever they would, castiel could not stop himself from staring. one time, michael was in the middle of an important report, but castiel was too busy trying to eat up every inch of dean with his eyes.

everytime they passed, castiel's heart would start to ache. of course, he got very worried and thought he was sick. one day, ellen found him sprawled out on the bed, his hand over his face.

"now castiel, what are you doing?" she said as she placed the linens down on the chair next to her. castiel groaned.

"are you sick, hon?"

"i think i'm dying..." he muttered. ellen rolled her eyes and walked towards cas.

"my god, castiel, you are not dying. now tell me what's wrong."

he explained his symptoms to her and when he was done, she broke into laughter. "castiel! you are not dying!" she laughed some more.

castiel sat on his bed and continued to pout at the laughing woman. "quit laughing at me... what?"

she calmed herself before turning to face him and grabbed his hand, squeezing it gently. "cas,honey, it means you're in love."

immediately, his face grew hot and he sprung up from the bed. castiel then dismissed ellen and what she said quickly, for there was no way that he was in love with dean winchester.

but still, that feeling didnt leave him each time they saw each other or bumped into each other, as they did today.

"oh... sorry.." dean muttered as he bent over to pick up the linens he dropped after they hit into each other. castiel bent over as well and started to help him when dean's fingers brushed his. instantly, that aching feeling hit him and he felt his cheeks grow hot. he sprung up and gave the linens back to him before avoiding anymore contact by awkwardly shuffling away.

he continued to quickly shuffle until he made it to the room he was looking for. castiel slammed the door open, causing poor ellen to jump. she turned to look at him, hands on her hips before he ran over to hug her tightly, his head on her shoulder like a little child. "you were right ellen..."

"about what, hon?" she asked softly as she rubbed his back as she did to jo whenever she needed comfort.

"i'm in love..."