/22\

he walked down, carrying a food tray, and the guards allowed him to enter her cell.

when he opened the door, jo did not respond at first. dean then made sure that the guards had passed and they were free to talk. he walked near her silently and reached for her shoulder, causing her to snatch his arm and twist it away.

"woah, woah, hey- hey... jo... it's me." dean tried to calm her down as he pulled his arm away. jo then turned to look at him and her eyes widened before she jumped on him to give him a tight hug.

"dean..." she breathed.

the two sat on the cell floor and dean prepared himself to talk fast. "we don't have much time... if i'm in here too long, the guards will suspect something, but your mom wants to hear from you."

jo let out a soft laugh. "tell my mom i'm fine and that i won't let these bastards know anything. no man can hurt me." she said proudly.

"anything else you would like to tell her?" dean asked as he stood up.

suddenly, he was pulled back down by jo, who pulled him in close. "are you close to the king?" her breath beat his face.

for a quick moment, the thought of their closeness flashed in dean's memory and he quickly dismissed it before nodding slowly.
"good... finally, a rebel who can bring it all down from the inside." jo sighed.

"what do you want me to do? i can't do anything too risky, or i will risk my chances of seeing my brother." dean whispered.

"i need you to get closer to the king, make him trust you... get any information you can from him. any information you get from him, you tell me. from there, we can make another plan. now leave, quickly, before the guards notice that you have been in here for a while."

jo gave him another hug before he left her cell and went back up the stairs with a new mission from his leader.