[04] the cullens

☣ ☣ ☣

☣ ☣ ☣

CHAPTER FOUR - THE CULLENS

THE MORGUE WASN'T actually that bad when Laura had been to see it before school. She hadn't had a decent meal packed with brains since the flight to Forks and she was hoping to get some before her first day back. The weekend had been full of random mood swings that thankfully neither Charlie or Bella had noticed.

As Laura came out of the hospital and into the parking lot where her sister was parked waiting, she stuffed the newly brain covered boxed pasta into her backpack ready for her day. She had already replenished her hunger by eating the other half of the brain for breakfast as soon as she went inside the building and she hoped that the brain hadn't belonged to anyone crazy. The zombie girl opened the passenger side door of their red truck and climbed inside whilst Bella started up the engine 

They pulled up in the school parking lot and all the students turned, seeing the busted up old truck arrive. It was the middle of the semester, so both of the girls stuck out like a puppy in a litter of kittens. Every student knew about Bella Swan's arrival and the return of Laura Swan, their dad had told practically the whole town.

Laura could hear the whispers as she and her sister climbed out of the truck, most of them were about her new appearance. But, she was strong and she wouldn't be affected by all the bad things they were saying about her, the girl had survived a zombie outbreak for crying out loud. (Not really, seeing as she had turned into a zombie herself, but that's not relevant).

"Nice ride." Tyler Crowley voiced as Bella shut her door. Laura moved forward and linked her arm with her sister, turning to the dark skinned boy in front of her.

"Thanks." She frowned, pulling Bella with her to the entrance of the school. The whispers started again as they walked away.

"Was that Laura Swan?" A girl whispered to Tyler.

"I think so," Tyler replied. "She looks like an albino."

  ☣ ☣ ☣  

The two Swan siblings made their way down the busy hallway, the younger sister following after the older because she knew where she was going, when they were approached by an Asian boy. Eric. He was part of Laura's old friend group. He moved in front of them and stopped them from walking.

"You're Isabella Swan, the new girl." He observed, looking at Bella before turning to Laura. "And oh my God, Laura! You look so different!"

"Yeah, I do." Laura sighed, already fed up with the judgement of her new appearance.

"Hi, I'm Eric, the eyes and ears of this place." Eric introduced, "Anything you need, tour guide, lunch date, shoulder to cry on?"

"Uh, I'm really kind of the more suffer-in-silence type." Bella excused as they started walking again, "Besides, I have Laura for all that stuff."