[05] infatuating scent

☣ ☣ ☣  

  ☣ ☣ ☣  

CHAPTER FIVE - INFATUATING SCENT

LUNCH WAS SOON over, forcing students to get up and leave for their next class. Sadly, Bella had mistakenly been given the wrong time table for her Biology class and was now in another, leaving the sisters to part ways when they came to their separate classrooms. Mike escorted Bella into their's and introduced her to the science teacher.

Laura sighed, watching them go in, and the walked into her class with Mr. Molina. The students had already taken their seats, so by the time Laura had walked in all their eyes were on her. Laura had never really cared about attention or being stared at, but the brains she was on must have had some sort of anxiety because her stomach was doing flips.

"Mr. Molina." Laura greeted, clutching to her bag strap on her shoulder as she tried not to run straight back out. Yep, she had definitely ate a social anxiety brain. The zombie glanced at all the faces she remembered. Edward Cullen being one of them.

"Laura Swan, welcome back." Mr. Molina replied, just as she walked in front of the fan, the cool wafts of wind lifted her hair.

Edward clutched his nose as her scent reached him. It was a strange one that he had only ever smelt around the dead, yet to him it was also sweet. In a way, he liked it, enough to want to stay near her at all times because it blocked out everyone else's scent that tempted him. And then, at the same time, he wanted to rip her throat out.

But he couldn't. Laura was Rosalie and Alice's friend. He wouldn't take away their only sense of normality in their lives. And Laura deserved better than having her throat ripped open in biology.

Edward scoffed because now he knew why the pixie vampire had got close to the human. Alice knew that this would happen someday. That Edward would stop being able to read Laura's mind at one point and become infatuated with her scent. He concluded that something must have happened to the Swan girl during her absence, and he intended to find out why she was now a mystery to him. 

Edward uncovered his nose and gripped the table in anticipation as she gave the teacher her pass and walked over to the empty seat next to him.

Laura sat down, glancing at Edward with a small smile as she did so. They didn't really talk to each other or interact, but she was oddly comfortable around him. However, she did notice his little reaction to her smell when she was in front of the fan it confused her. 

She didn't smell bad did she? She had a shower that morning and put on a lot of deodorant and perfume just in case she actually smelt like a zombie. She smelled the neck of her cardigan, but nothing smelled bad to her. Laura figured that was it. That she had put on too much perfume and it overpowered his sense of smell.