3.

WESTCHESTER, XAVIER MANSION, 1973,

Today was a rather sunny day. When Jasmine woke up, she felt sun rays across her face. It was nice. For a split second she felt like she didn't have a care or worry in the world. That would never happen - she was always stressed. She had the burden of taking care of the house, Charles and Hank.

It was about 9 o'clock in the morning, meaning that Hank and Charles were just waking up. She got herself out of bed and headed downstairs to get breakfast ready. Today, she made french toast and a cup of tea for everyone. It was simple, yet comforting. Hank came to the kitchen and retrieved his breakfast. He then left to go back to his room, as usual. As expected Charles wasn't downstairs yet, so Jasmine took it upon herself to bring him his breakfast. She arrived at his room, balancing a plate and cup, and knocked on the door. No answer.

Jasmine wasn't going to just wait outside, so she opened the door using her telekinesis. She saw a shirtless Charles, standing by the window, looking out. He turned round once he heard her come in. It was obvious that he didn't get much sleep anymore because his eyes were red and his dark circles were visible.

"You didn't come down for breakfast so I brought it up for you."

Charles looked from her to the food. He walked up to her and grabbed the plate and cup, leaving Jasmine quite upset.

"A 'thank you' would be nice," she mumbled to herself so Charles wouldn't hear. If he did, he would get angry and throw things. Once, he threw something at her, by accident, and she earned a big bruise on her arm.

"You can leave now-"

"Would you like to have breakfast with me, outside, Charles?" Jasmine interrupted him. He gave her a cold stare and then turned around, shaking his head.

"I don't want to. Now, get out."

"But it would be-"

"I said, GET OUT!" he snapped at her, making her flinch. She slowly backed away, with tears in her eyes, and left the room. All she wanted was a nice and calm breakfast, but it was clearly too much to ask of Charles. Jasmine took her plate and her tea from the kitchen and walked outside. She sat on a bench which overlooked the field surrounding the mansion. That was one of her favourite things about the property. Everything seemed so tranquil and happy there - it was perfect.

After finishing her breakfast, Jasmine cleared up in the kitchen and got dressed for the day. As she was walking past Charles' room, she began to hear his loud thoughts. It was hard for her not to listen. She was heartbroken by what she had heard.

'She's so stupid, she doesn't know when to just stop.'

'Honestly, if she wasn't here, I'd be so much happier.'

'I wish she would just leave me be.'

"Fine, I shall," Jasmine whispered through the crack in the door. She went back to her room, packed her things and headed to the front door of the house. Before leaving, she thought she should write a note. A not explaining how miserable she had become, how she felt trapped and how Charles didn't need her. She left the note on a small table in the hallway and she walked towards the door, tears spilling from her eyes. When she opened the door, a man stood just outside, his hand raised in the air as if he was about to knock on the door. She gave him a confused look but then she remembered that she was just leaving.

"Don't wast your time," she said before attempting to walk out, but failing when an arm enabled her from leaving.

Jasmine looked up at the man. What's he doing here? She thought. She didn't need this, she just wanted to leave.

"I must be here, just in time," the man said - Logan - with a smirk "Jasmine, right?"

•••

A/N
So, Logan's come to the the rescue! Exciting! Will Jas remember Logan? Let's find out ...