College - The First Few Months...

My holidays were going to end and all students who completed the 12th grade that time were busy applying for colleges. My parents finally decided that I should do engineering. But unfortunately Monika decided to go for Arts and Science. So we weren't able to join together. My Dad bought an application to apply for engineering. I felt difficult to fill the application on my own. I went to my Mom.

"Mom, it's has lots of columns to be filled in. I need someone to help me fill this", I said.

"Don't worry!! We will go to Kavitha aunt's house. Sudhaman and Vicky will be there. They will help you!!", She said with a smile.

Kavitha aunt is my mom's close friend.

Can someone have the same friend from the beginning of their childhood till the end of their life? If yes, then they are lucky.

Well! My mom was lucky. They are close friends from their childhood till now, even after marriage and having kids. Kavitha aunt has 2 sons. Sudhaman and Vicky. They both were working in a corporate company that time. They are a funny lot. They were like brothers to me.

The next day morning mom and I got ready and went to Kavitha aunt's house. When we reached I saw some other guests in there. Initially I felt awkward to go inside. But my mom grabbed me inside. I went inside and was sitting quietly. But my mom was busy talking with them that she forgot the reason for us going there.

After sometime Kavitha aunt came and told me to go and check with Sudhaman regarding the application. I went inside the room and there was already a boy sitting with Sudhaman. They were filling the same engineering application. I went and sat there silently. Sudhaman saw me sitting with the application.

"Come and start filling Ashu. Lokesh is also applying for engineering only!", He said.

I thought the boy sitting next to me was Lokesh.

But unfortunately I was wrong.

He was Lokesh's brother Akash. But that wasn't my fault. Lokesh was nearly 5 feet tall, but Akash was even taller than him, which made me think he was the elder one. Unfortunately, I was a short and skinny girl.

Not now though!!

Both Akash and Lokesh started to tease me

"You don't look like a college girl! You look like a school Kid!!", said Lokesh.

"Hahahaa...", Akash started laughing.

I smirked at Lokesh. However, as time passed, they became good friends to me. We both filled our application together. Soon it was time for me leave home. Lokesh wished me good luck. I wished him back and left home.

Then came my college counseling date. I was eagerly waiting to know which college I'm going to get placed. The seats were filling fast and I started getting nervous. Finally, I got placed in MET College. I chose B. Tech Information Technology as my main stream.

In no time the holidays were over and I have to join my college in a week's time. Mom and I went for shopping. I bought few dresses and other accessories. I was impatiently waiting to see my college and was dreaming about it.

The previous night I was so excited that I couldn't sleep. I submerged into deep thoughts again.

'How will the college be?'

'Will I get any friends there?'

'What if the staffs are so strict?'

I drifted off to sleep as I thought about those.