The Continuity..

It has always been difficult to differentiate between a friend and a backstabber. Even after experiencing betrayal I failed to think about the differences between them.

***********

After meeting Hasini I felt so strong. I decided not to be friends with Tina, Vandana and Nithya. I permanently changed my place and never again went to them. They too stopped bothering me after I started avoiding them. But the hate for Naresh just grew up more. I once again became alone. Just like my school days. But this time I felt better when I was alone. I found it to be peaceful.

With the blink of an eye my second semester was over. As usual, I spent my semester holidays with Dinesh, Hasini and Veena. We roamed and had fun. They helped me forget all the problems for a while. 10 days just flew away and soon the third semester was going to begin.

*********

Itwas the first day of my third semester. I got ready a bit early and went to my boarding point. When I got into the bus, I noted that there was a new girl. She was sitting in the place where I usually sit. I went and sat near to her. I thought she was from MEC College. I didn't talk to her as she was busy reading a book. I just sat silently. When I got down at the junction for MET College bus, she got down along with me. I just gave her a weird look and then went. That day, evening she again came with me in MEC bus and we were sitting together.

"You're also from MET ehh?", she asked me.

"Yeah..", I replied.

"I'm Divya from EEE Dept. I shifted near your place recently", she said.

"Ohh that's great. I'm Ashwini from IT Dept.", I replied and we continued with other topics. She seemed to be so nice and friendly. Even though I was scared to trust someone again without my knowledge I just became close to her. Without thinking about what Hasini said I trusted her before knowing her. As we became close we started going to college together.

One day during lunch break Divya came to my class to borrow some stationery. As soon as she entered,she jerked for a second and gave a weird look . After that she came inside took the stationery and went back silently. Her face was filled with doubts. That evening while returning home on the bus she asked me why was I sitting alone and why was I not close to anyone. I maintained silence as I felt embarrassed to tell what happened. But she stressed again. So I told her what exactly happened.

"What? How can they behave like this? This is so stupid!", she said.

I shrugged and said "That's why I'm not close with anyone in my class"

"Don't worry! We can be good friends. I'll take you to my department tomorrow during lunch time", she said.

"No! It's ok. What, if any of the staff notice? And also I don't know anyone in your department except you", I said.

"Come on! Everything will be fine. You're coming to my class tomorrow, that's it!", she said.

"Hmmm... Ok!", I said.

As we got jelled each other in these talks we forgot to notice the boarding stop. I looked out of the window and Giri was getting down. That's when I realized that I have to get down next. In the next 5 minutes my point came. I got down and waved goodbye to Divya.

The Next day as usual Divya and I went to college together. I had computer practical class for the first 4 periods of that day. Most of the time, practical classes will be more interesting than the Theory classes. That day I was totally into my coding and debugging to get the correct output, so that I could have my observation notes signed. When I finally got my output the bell rang and it was lunch break. I saved my coding and went back to class.