Chapter 4 - The Visit

It was now Saturday, the day after dinner with Ed and I had nothing special planned for the day. Ed said that he might pop around for a bit if he was free, so I was just lounging around at home.

I opened up Facebook on my laptop which was in front of me on my desk.

I took a bite from my apple which I had nearly finished and clicked on my notifications to find that Ed had put up a picture of us.

I liked the picture and after a small debate made it my profile picture.

"I'm just going out to get some food." A voice chirped from my doorway.

"Okay." I replied.

"Can I get you anything?" Molly asked me.

I swivelled around in my chair and turned to face her.

"I'm good thanks."

"Sure. Bye then."

"See you in a bit." I answered.

I chucked my finished apple into the bin underneath my desk and got up from the chair to go to the bathroom to wash my sticky hands.

I walked into the bathroom and washed my hands with soap to get rid of the sticky apple juice so I could use my phone.

I dried my hands on my towel that was hung up on the towel rack before going back into my room.

I lay back on my bed and opened the Tumblr App on my phone.

I aimlessly scrolled through my dashboard, liking the occasional pictures of cats and pretty landscapes.

Suddenly, a knock sounded on my door.

I shot up and walked over to open it.

"Hey Emily." Ed grinned at me from the other side of the door.

"Come on in." I smiled and went back over to my bed and sat down once again.

Ed followed behind me and sat down next to me on my bed.

"The meal was great last night, wasn't it."

"Yeah, thanks for taking me out." I grinned up at him.

"Anything for you."

"Oh enough with the cheesy lines please!" I laughed.

"What do you have planned for tonight?" Ed asked me, brushing off my comment.

"I'm just going to have a meal in with my housemates. Do you want to join us?"

"I can't sorry, I've bought a meal for this evening already."

"Don't worry." I smiled.

"I should probably be getting back home soon. Heaven knows what Sam has been getting up to." Ed got up from the bed.

"Oh that sounds ominous." I chuckled.

"I'll text you later." Ed said before leaning towards me and planting a kiss on my forehead.

"Bye." I grinned up at him as he turned around and left the room.

I sighed and lay back down on my bed, wondering what I could do for the next 4 hours until it was time for dinner.

I hadn't had a day in ages that I had nothing better to do than spend my time pointlessly scrolling through social media sites.

I had completed all my essays that had been set over the past few weeks so I couldn't do any work and I was also up to date with all my reading.

I rolled over into my stomach, my arms propping up my body, in fear of dropping my phone on my face, after previously doing so and ending up with a rather painful bruise in the place where it had fallen.

I exited my Tumblr app and locked my phone.

I threw my phone onto my bed next to me and planted my head in despair onto the duvet underneath me.

What could I possibly do to pass the time?

Suddenly, my phone vibrated next to me.

I lifted up my head and stretched my arm out to reach it.

Grabbing it, I typed in my code and brought it closer towards me so I could read the message.

My eyes opened wide in shock and I sat upright on my bed.

"Hey Emily. I haven't heard from you in ages. How are you? Brad x"