[01]

"[F/n] your exams are starting in an hour!"

Groggily sitting up with a minor headache, I glare over at the dressers in the corner of my room.

"This is such a pain."

Muttering curses, I kicked off the bed sheets before firmly placing my feet onto the carpet flooring.

"[F/N]—!!"

"I heard you!"

I quickly grabbed the first few articles of clothing; changing into my casual attire. The exams didn't specify if we had to wear any sort of uniform, from what I recall at

I step out of my room, heading downstairs to greet the lioness of the house— also known as "mum."

Attempting to sneak by was futile, the floorboards would give me away in a second with their loud creaking.

"There's leftovers in the fridge if you want any." She points, color drained from her [e/c] eyes. No doubt about it, those bags under her eyes told a story.

"Nope, thanks though." I went on ahead and walked out of the house, ignoring my mother's farewell as I left.

↢ 讨厌 ↣

Upon arrival, there was hesitation to enter the premises.

It was UA, the alpha high school where the most successful and well known heroes had attended.

"I've been told one student out of, like, three hundred will manage to get approved."

I overheard, frowning with knitted brows. It was less than half a percent. My confidence getting into UA wobbled.

Regardless, my legs carried me forward. There was no point in turning back.

With eyes darting, I capture a potential student acting oddly. He floated forward, behind him stood a girl with fingertips barely grazing his back.

"Are you okay? I stopped you with my quirk— I'm sorry I didn't ask first, but, I figured you wouldn't mind."

His response lagged. The brunette continued on cheerfully. "Isn't this all, like, nerveracking?"

Pulling at the strap of her bag, she steps aside before waving. "Well— I guess I'll see you inside, bye!"

Observing the male for another minute or so, I bite my tongue to resist laughing.

His features dusted red, either from embarrassment or never having any sort of interaction with a girl —that wasn't his mother— was up for debate.

It was then I realized, he caught me staring. The boy nervously chuckles, his lips twitched open. Any attempt to speak came out like a broken record, voice cracking; words all jumbled into one.

"Stupid Deku."

Discarding his idea to greet me, he jolts at the sound. Face paling, green eyes narrow as he quivers out a name.

"Get out of my way, now, before I set you on fire."

The boy I can now assume is named Deku rattles even more, arms flailing over his features. "K-K-Kacchan?! Let's both do our best out there, o-okay?" The vexed look on his face soothes after the blonde is at a distance with him.