[06]

"Your indoor combat training is over, hero team wins!"

I took a seat on the floor, whimpering to myself as I watched Izuku get dragged away. Mixed emotions pumped through my veins, spiraling my head into a wave of uncertainty.

I couldn't help but affix my gaze to Katsuki, who seemed to have a harder time understanding what had just occurred.

His muscles twitched and quivered in both shock and anger. Red eyes gazed over onto his hand, which clamped shut seconds after.

Katsuki's breathing became unstable, sharply exhaling and inhaling with eyes shot open as wide as they possibly could. I couldn't stand seeing his so fraught.

In an attempt to console him, I pull him into a hug. For a moment, his breathing paused, calming itself as Katsuki gave off a huff.

"It'll be alright." I assured, resting my head over his shoulder. He didn't return the hug, only releasing a sigh in response.

"You idiot..." Katsuki mumbled, lightly rubbing my arm. I parted the hug, taking a look at his expression.

He was beet red. Once he noticed me staring he immediately raised his germane gauntlet to hide his face. Cursing under his breath, Katsuki grabbed onto my wrist before pulling me back inside.

All Might was there to greet us along with the rest of the class.

"Despite the results, the MVP of this exercise is young [L/n]!" I looked over at All Might, stunned at the sound of my last name being called out.

I happy but the feeling of worry for Katsuki outweighed it. I shrugged off my achievement with slumped shoulders.

Katsuki had a rough grip on my wrist, not that it bothered me much. The more he squeezed, the less tensed he seemed to be; which was worth the bruise later.

My lips twitched, this was one of the only times I'd do this for anyone. Of all people, why did I allow Katsuki to be that person I could feel the warmth of my cheeks glow.

I took a moment to praise the fact I had given my outfit a mask, otherwise I'd be struggling to hide my features.

For whatever reason, the straps of the mask came loose. I watched with panic as it fell onto the ground with a thud.

Everyone moved their attention to me, making the situation all the more unbearable. I force out a stuttered apology before picking up the mask.

"—As I was saying, time to blow this joint! Let's move on to the next match, think about everything we saw and discussed as you tackle this training for yourself."

↢ 讨厌 ↣

Up next were another group of two going through with the training. One of them had started spreading ice across the building, practically turning it into a giant ice cube.

I gasped in awe, watching the monitors as the bi-colored male walks past one of the opposing team. The guy didn't even attempt to stop him, instead just standing there with his lower half stuck onto the ice.

All Might shivered along with the rest of the students as they glued their gaze onto the monitors. I wasn't fazed by the sudden change in temperature, but I surely was intrigued by his quirk.

Katsuki tugged on my arm, glaring at the monitors. His teeth jittered, exhaling sharply as he lets go of my wrist.

"I can't believe I lost to that failure." He frowns.

"Katsuki, you know this'll be a one time thing. You're incredibly strong and your quirk is amazing! So don't get too bummed out over this. I-I still think you're the best." Like before, my cheeks rise in color as the last statement slips out.