[05]

I stood by the nuke, impatiently tapping my foot onto the ground. Blasts and muffled screams echoed through the hallways, sending me at unease.

Bakugou is alright, he has to be. Izuku's quirk ends up hurting him whenever he uses it so I doubt Izuku he'd use it so carelessly.

Uraraka's quirk won't end up being of any use if there's nothing in the room either, so things should go smoothly for me.

Guarding the fake explosive was pretty boring, uneventful too. But I figured if I told Katsuki that I'll be the one heading out then he'll immediately protest the idea.

"People say save best for last anyway." I chuckle to myself. My joking came to a pause as I quickly jolt onto an alert stance, another loud blast had echoed through the building.

The sound of static blared through my left ear, causing me to adjust the earpiece. It was Katsuki!

"—one of the brats are coming your way. It's the girl."

"Got it, thanks." I sighed, glancing over at the door just as another loud blast bounced off the walls.

"J-Just make sure she doesn't touch the bomb idiot. I don't want to lose because of your fuck ups." With that, a click followed after.

"He hung up on me..!" I hissed in slight offense I wasn't able to respond. Crossing my arms, I pout in defeat. "Stupid..."

I focus my attention over at the nuke, glaring at the inanimate object. "Fuck that arrogant asshole, it isn't my fault I was paired with him."

I motioned myself to take out my stress towards the nuke, which results in a fail. I tripped over a small crack on the ground by misfortune, sending me onto the nuke.

The thing was pretty sturdy, so it broke my fall. Thankfully, it didn't tip over.

My heart dropped at the sound of giggling behind me.

I stood tall, looking over at the noice. As expected, it was Uraraka, who was laughing as quietly as she could. I waited in silence, slightly embarrassed but taking use of the opportunity given.

I charged up a ball of energy, sending it towards Uraraka. She frantically regained composure, the energy ball had passed over her shoulder and into the wall.

The brunette squeaked in surprise, shielding herself from the blast with her arms whilst stepping out of her hiding spot.

"So you actually made it through.. That doesn't matter anyway, without an object to use against me you're rendered useless here." I smirk behind my mask, watching her shocked expression turn into a more cautious one.

"Deku, [L/n] knows I'm here. Sorry! Right now she's blocking my path to the bomb— near the middle of the fifth floor." I let out a scowl as she ignores me, charging up another ball of energy before towering towards Uraraka.

She quickly jumps back, causing me to miss my attack. The both of us were taken by surprise, yet another blast had run through the complex. Unlike the others before, this one has caused damage to the room we were in.

Broken glass was scattered everywhere, along with small chunks of the building outside. The ground shook roughly, causing Uraraka to tumble back.