on the wing

i took her hand, and she smiled.

"David." she laughed, looking at my hand, still locked in hers. 

"what?" i asked.

"your hand. it says 'breath, and i'll carry you away'. you said that to me, when i first met you."

"well, i'll never forget about it." i looked up into the velvet sky, as it lit around us. making us look like a perfect couple.

"you mean when we were 6?" Angela asked.

"yeah. but i didn't relived i liked you till i was 7!" i cried, making her laugh again. i loved making her laugh. her brown curls moved as she giggled. but only in the cutestway. no other could fake it.

"David. the sun set. its beautiful." she said, watching the orange sun, sinking  down in the Hudson bay. soon, the stars will be out and they'll stir around us, and plummet like the sun had just, but out of sight and sound.

"you sure are." i said, watching her. she turned her head. he brown eyes met mine, making me feel un-believably happy. the summer breeze swept her hair back, kissing her soft cheeks, i wanted to do that! reminded me, when the wind would sweep through the grassy hills i call home, in the alpine heights

after moments of holding her close, the sun disappeared, and the dark night sky arrived. showing us, what we had come there for. the northern lights. every year i had to spend my cold nights here, alone, trying to stay awake, and thoughtless. not this year.

now, i was awake, and thinking of that one weekend, when we were in love!

Angela hummed. i almost knew what it was, but i couldnt tell.

"what are you thinking about?" i asked, tighten my grip on her hand.

"Home among these mountain tops can be so awfully dull

A thousand miles from the tide

But photos on the walls of New York shopping malls

Distract me so I stay inside

I wish the rockets stayed over the promenade

Cuz I would make a hook and eye

And fish them from the sky, my darling, he and I

We're hanging on so take us high

To sing the world goodbye..." she answered. owl city. on the wing. her favorite song.

"that it?" i asked.

"and you." she leaned on me, almost shivering. i felt like i was floating away. almost as if i were lost in a silent ballet.

"i'm always dreaming your out in the blue, and i am right beside you. awake to take in the view of you." i said, breathing in the fresh scent of her hair. it smelled of sugery jam.

through the late nigh and early parades, still photos and noisy arcades. she was always right there besides me. my darling, we're both on the wing, look down, and keep singing. and we'll go anywhere.

"Angela. are you there? or is his, are you, just a decoy dream in my head?" i called to the girl i loved. "am i home? or simply tumbling all alone?"

"yes David. I'm right here." she turned to me, and rested her head on my shoulder.

i felt like i was floating away. almost as if i were lost in a silent ballet. I'm dreaming she's out in the blue, and I'm right beside her. awake to take in the view.

through the late nigh and early parades, still photos and noisy arcades. she was always right there besides me. my darling, we're both on the wing, look down, and keepsinging. and we'll go anywhere.

"are you there?" i called again. this time no answer.

i sat up at the sound of my alarm clock. stupid dreams! always getting my hopes up. never, letting me live them. never letting me hold my dearest Angela.