Rainbow veins

it was high rise, and up to the sky. almost like veins of the avenue. his eyes became bright, and a subtle variations of the blue above up. everywhere, is balanced like the night rainbow above us.

is was clear to see that he had never seen anything like it. the bright street lights, glistening on the boulevard, and the cold night, making it hard to stay awake and alert.

"Amy. stay awake." he cried, shaking me, trying to help keep my eyes open.

"for heaven's sake. keep me awake. so i won't be caught off guard." i told him, shivering, from being up in the air so long. he put his arm around me, making me feel warm, and toasty. "it is already so late out, where shall we stay?" i asked, with him on my mind.

"clearly we're a couple of passerby, but we'll find a place to stay." he told me, rubbing my shoulder, to keep me warm. "so, for right now, we'll spend this this time together."

dear pacific day, won't you take us away? maybe, to the small hearts of the new year, or anywhere, just brought down by gravity, and crystal clear city fog, and brave dialogue converge on the frontier.

"Amy?" he broke me out of my day dream.

"yes?"

"if you had one wish. what would it be?" there was lots on my mind, maybe my family back. or the happiness i once had. maybe i for my job to offer it back to me. but while all those things chattered in my mind, there was one, that was correct. "for you to make your haste." i answered. i could feel his heart beat pounding in my ear, proving he wanted to do, or say anything to me. i felt the same way.

with a new taste of speed, out on the street. we would find a road to a humble abode, where both of our routes meet. the sliver sound is all around us, as we floated in the hot air balloon, my friend own'd. just for tonight. thanks Lilly. and the colors fall like snow. with the thought and the feeling of letting go, small tears dripped from my eyes, but why now? i always knew i couldn't fly around in a hot air balloon, with the boy i loved? i guess i'll never know.

he turned my head, so he could see my crying face.

"cheer up. and dry your damp eyes. and tell me when it rains. so i can blend up that rainbow above you, and shoot it through you veins." he pointed at the veins on my arm, where he had drew a long rainbow, from my hand to the tip of my sleeve. "cause your heart has a lack of color." and we should've known, that we'd grow up sooner or later. cause we wasted all of our free time alone. but that's how i liked it.

i felt my nerves gather up, with the altitude in the air. i breathed in and out, taking long deep breaths, with the words in my mind, that my mother always said to me.

"exhale the stress so you don't come unglued"

"what is going on in your mind?" he asked, looking deep into my mind, as if to find my mothers words. my smile was gray, but i felt happy, to feel his warm hands on my cheeks. making the shivers go away, as fast as they came. "Amy. just remember. somewhere there is a happy affair-"

"and a ghost of a good mood." i finished his words. he had always said that, while hanging out with me. even now. he chose's to whisper those soft words to me.

as i was digging through my thoughts, i saw him smile. then, he leaned in and kissed me gently. once. maybe twice. once it was over i stood there, all wide eyed, like panic on the getaway. i felt as if the high tide could take me so far, and i could be still be happy. i remember those days, with VCR's and motorcars, when they would unit on the seventh day. those days, we were children. with dreams. and hopes. and saying to each other; "eww! your gross!" now. look at us. kissing, while we float through the sky.

a popular gauge came to mind, as he took my hand. i felt as if we would use it to measure the rage of the new post-modern age. as we stayed in the night sky, i believe i saw all the decades align.

i felt like we were the crashing whitecaps on the ocean and the lovely sea-side holiday, away a palm tree in the Christmas lights

"Amy?" he called, moment after the kiss. i hadn't said anything, but daydream at his face, with a short smile, barley noticeable. 

"my emotion's. now struck with a sparkling tone like a xylophone." was all i could say.

"so, you hate me now? because i kissed you?" he asked, turning his head back to the moon, midway in the air, almost dangling bay the stars all lining up. i saw a small tear shed from his eye.

"cheer up. and dry your damp eyes. and tell me when it rains. so i can blend up that rainbow above you, and shoot it through you veins." i took his arm, and moved my finger up his vein, where he had drawn a rainbow, like on mine. "i could never hate you!" i cried, wrapping my arms around his waist. he seemed surprised, by my sudden outburst for him. but i wasn't done. "cause your heart has a lack of color." and we should've known, that we'd grow up sooner or later. cause we wasted all of our free time alone. but that's how i liked it. he pulled me off of him, and gently replaced his lips from where they had been before.