"I was tired...tired of hurting"

BPOV continued...

"Been too long" he had the nerve to smirk at me. Before I'd been upset over his departure but now all I wanted to do was slap him across the face.

"Not long enough" sneering at him but he shrugged it off. "What are you doing here Elijah?" (A/N: Bet you all thought Edward huh. He might make an appearance later on)

"Could ask you the same thing"

"Friend's birthday" his eyebrows rose up in question. "What about you?" he looked me in the eye then dropped his eyes onto my arm. Scrunching up his face, I watched as the worry highlighted his creased forehead.

"Seems you got a nasty little bite" he stated dryly ignoring my previous question.

"Nothing I can't handle" the confidence I attempted to portray didn't work with my stammer.

"Quite the opposite young Isabelle" he sighed softly and great regret was held in his eyes. "This is something you cannot handle and we both know what will happen" his words were weakening me further if that was even possible.

"You don-" I wasn't even sure about the ending of that sentence so I was slightly glad and annoyed when he stopped me.

"Werewolves, filthy creatures" he stared me down, circling me. His words subdued my anger changing my expression into a questioning look as I kept my eyes trained on him.

"What do you know about werewolves?" hitching an eyebrow with my head inclined when he stopped to look at me.

"I know you shouldn't pet them" he smirked making a small smile tug my lips but I refrained.

"Elijah...I have no idea why you're here and frankly I don't care-" trying to make an escape and hopefully stopping the others from waking up. From what I could recall, Elena was staying in Stefan's room.

"Oh but you should" he answered bringing my attention back to him.

"And why is that?" I knew it was only a matter of time before he revealed his conditions.

"Because I have the cure" he answered and I froze with his simple tone.

He had the cure. He had the cure.. Did I want the cure?

Dizziness hit me and the pain in my arm throbbed as if in answer.

I was tired...tired of hurting.

"What do you want for it?" again I knew Elijah too well to think he'd simply just hand over the cure. First thing you should know about the originals - don't trust them. Although if I had to choose someone to trust it would probably be Elijah.

"How can you think so little of me?" he teased.

"I know you too well" shrugging my shoulders in truth. I'd crossed his paths in France a while back. He'd been quite a gentleman then - don't get me wrong he isn't the worst vampire you'd come across but he used to be really humble - wouldn't have asked for anything in return - a real gentleman.

"What's the condition?" squaring my shoulders even though the wave of pain that hit me was intense enough to make me wince.

He gave me a calculating stare for a few moments before stretching out his palm towards me.

"Take a walk with me" he offered waiting for my confirmation. I stood there looking at him then flickering to his palm.

Upstairs I heard the sound of the sheets shifting and the bed creaking slightly before hearing the deep breathing belonging to Damon fill the atmosphere again.