Katherine? Elena? Or me?

BPOV

After spending the whole day in our secluded forest, we had returned back to the boarding house around 10.00 only to find a worrying looking bunch.

Stefan, Elena, Bonnie and Caroline were all there, furrowed brows as they were filled with worry.

Upon seeing us enter, their heads snapped up to us and moved to mine with disbelief colouring their faces.

"Izzy" Caroline had been the first to speak.

"You're alive?" Bonnie sounded surprised with this information. Stefan and Elena remained on silence probably because Bonnie and Caroline had said what needed to be said.

"I'm alive" skipping over to them.

"Uh h-how do you feel?" Stefan asked, they all rushed over to me to hug me and check me still wary and unsure of my health.

"Don't suffocate the girl. I only got her back" Damon still stood at the doorway but began to make his way over to us with a smirk. Strands of hair fell over his face as he bowed his head towards us.

"I'm so happy you're okay" Elena smiled gleefully, her hand placed in my shoulder. It was comforting to know I had girlfriends that cared about me and were I'd worried, I'd died. Sure I'd been unsure about her at first but I could see she loved Stefan and that was good enough in my books though I couldn't ignore the glances she'd been sending Damon but when remembering the earth shattering kiss he'd given me in the woods calmed me.

"H-how? How are you here?" Stefan asked dubious with curiosity.

"I know people" hoping he'd get the hint and drop it. It was offending enough that Damon thought I was going to hand Elena over - if Stefan heard the story, he'd pin my against the wall, stake in his hand.

Unfortunately Stefan was going to begin his interrogation but thankfully Damon stopped him. "You know it's been a long day" he faked a yawn then walked over to wrap a protective arm over me. A powerful surge of love washed over me with his simplest of touches. "We're gonna head up to bed" Damon exclaimed and I nodded in confirmation.

"I need to get home anyway" Bonnie said picking up her satchel and shrugging it over her shoulder with a small smile directed at me.

"Yeah me too" Caroline piped up. "Elena do you need a ride...?"

"No I'm gonna stay here tonight" she answered and I think she didn't know she was doing it but she was leaning towards Stefan.

"Okay then, night guys" Bonnie waved to us making her way towards the door, Caroline closely behind her as she followed with a skip in her step.

"I'm tired" I sighed falling back onto Damon's muscled chest. His arms went to wrap around my body and I felt his nose sniff my hair before he sighed in contentment. The gesture made me break out in a smile which almost dropped when I caught Elena's scrutinising stare directed at where Damon's arms were.

"Let's get to bed" Damon smirked in my hair, I could hear the amusement in his voice to which I rolled my eyes.

"Goodnight guys" I waved to them in goodbye and heard their light goodbyes. We began to walk up the stairs and daring a glance at the couple, I smiled when seeing the two of them in a heated kiss.

Once we were in Damon's room, he pulled off his shirt then tossed it across the rooms when he turned to me, ruffling his hair, my eyes zoned into his bare muscled torso and his dark jeans that hung low making him look like a model stepping out of a sexy cologne advert.

He caught my obvious staring and smirked at me.

"Yeah I know...I'm hot" he replied cockily so I shook my head at him but then an idea popped in my mind.

Removing my jacket, I threw it with precise so it landed on top of the closet door then teasing Damon, I slipped off the straps of my dress with a hitched brow.

His breathe caught in his throat and I knew I had him where I wanted.

Doing my best 'oops' face, I let my hands drop and the loose dress fell to the ground to make a pool at my feet.

His jaw fell when seeing me in the black lace bra with the matching underwear. His eyes gaped, drinking in my sight.

For added measure, I ran a free hand in my hair, then shook a little making it slightly wilder.

"Yeah I know...I'm hot" my smirk matched his from before. His hooded gaze erupted the unintentional lust and I licked my lips hungrily as he stalked towards me, claiming my lips as he pulled my half naked body to his bare chest. The feeling of skin on skin was even more amazing than I could remember. His kiss was similar to the one from before but added with a buried hunger. His tongue lashed out to explore my mouth eagerly and I couldn't help but melt in his embrace with a moan.

His fingers travelled down to cup my ass and without a second thought, I ground myself onto him feeling his building erection.

My mind told me to stop - this wasn't good for him. It would create more conflicting emotions. I mean - who does he love really? Katherine? Elena? Or me?

I forced my hands to place themselves on his boulder and to ignore how he was making me ignite simply by his lips. Using every piece of strength I had, I pushed him to the other side of the wall with a crash.

"We can't" when his face fell, guilt crashed onto me so I shook my head. "I want to-" looking down at his very tempting sexy body I groaned, biting my lip which made him smile. "Believe me I want to but j-just not now" Gratefully he nodded in understanding but the mischief coloured in his eyes as he whispered.

"Later then"

Pretending I didn't hear him, I picked up one of his shirts and walked past him and into his bathroom but before closing it fully, I replied with a smile.

"Later"

************************FOUR HOURS LATER - DAMON'S BED**************************

Groggily, I rolled over the bed my fingers searching but not finding. Snapping my eyes open, I sat up with disappointment and worry when finding the space next to me.

Where was h-

My questions were halted when I heard shuffling of feet, a smile graced my lips with an idea of wanting to scare him, I swiftly pulled out of the bed, careful not to make a sound that would give me away and to ran silently place myself next to the door to peer out of the crack.

Everything fell down onto me as I watched the scene unfold. Oh God -

Damon.

Elena.

Damon and Elena.

Her arms wrapped around his waist just like mine had a few hours ago. H-her lips were on his just like mine had been.

The life that had been in my heart only a few hours ago was drained as I stared with disbelief.  I felt - I-I f-

I felt nothing. 

I did what I did best...

I ran.