TaeRin | Playground

[ YERIN ]

"GO, RED EAGLES! SARANGHAEEEEE!" I did that gesture in which you put the tips of your fingers on the top of your head, forming a heart shape. I excitedly kicked in the air as I make this swing move. I'm here in a playground, near the court in which the team I'm cheering on is playing basketball. 

HOME: 59 // RED EAGLES: 59

This fight is sooo close! 5 seconds remaining. They're already neck and neck with each other, which made the game interesting as hell.

The one with a red jersey shirt with a label "RED EAGLES" in front took the ball and shoots... 

AND SCORES 3 FREAKING POINTS!

"WHOOOOOOOOO!" The crowd went wild as I jump in excitement. But, not remembering I'm riding on a swing, I fell on the ground face first. But since I'm the only one weird enough to play around in a silly kiddie right, I assume that no one saw me.

"Tsk. Why so careless?" My eyes widened in shock and I stood up immediately. I turned my head to where that voice came from and I swear I could've died right now after seeing him.

Kim Taehyung...

I felt my cheeks heat up and averted his gaze and turned my back. 

"Good thing no one saw me." I mumbled as I shake the dust off my shirt. He coughed, completely intentional, to catch my attention.

"You saw me. I saw you."

"We freaking didn't. Okay? Get over it." I attempted to sit again on the swing pretending nothing happened BUT.

This weird piece of shit begs to differ.

He sits on most of the seat's space and faces the other side while I nearly fell tryna sit facing the outdoor court.

"What is wrong with you?!"

I seriously don't know what the hell I ate the first day I liked him. I even don't know why the hell I was crushing on Taehyung! I just did. He's annoying. But cute. But annoying.

I returned my sight to those dudes playing basketball again. Oh f. I missed the last seconds! That was the last game! I was thrilled for nothing.

"Look what you've don— oh." I was thrown aback at what he did.

He just plugged in his earphones and rested on my shoulders. I swear I feel my heart flutter for no absolute reason. He just...

I slowly looked at him without actually moving my head. His eyes are shut. He's asleep.

Holy shit. He looks like an angel.

No. Thefuq. Cut it out, Yerin.

My heart beats so fast like I feel he'd hear it.

"Nae nuneul majuchineun neoreul wonhae." (I want your eyes that makes eye contacts with me.)

He casually sings. I love his very husky voice. It went through my ears, making my heart double the pace. He stops for a while and continued.

"Dasi nareul wonhaneun neo wonhae." (I want you who wants me again.)

He stops. It's so hot. Well, literally. I'm sweating. I can't move. I can't breathe.

"Jebal tteoreojijimayo." He opens his eyes and tucks my stray hair behind my ear. I stare at a distance. His voice is just stunning.

"Never ever fall. Meolli meolli gajima." (Don't go too far.)

He smiled. Sht. This is torture! My heart tickles! I've had enough!

"I-I won't."

He stands up straight and went in front of me, giving his hand. It's like helping me get up. I gladly took it and stood up. But the next thing he did is pull me hard enough for us to fall. My god! He is under me!

I struggled to get up quick before anyone sees us but I failed. I'm weak.

He bopped his head up and his lips touched mine, I went all Frozen in shock.

"KIM TAEHYUNGGGGGGG! I SWEAR WHEN WE EVER GET UP HERE I'LL STAB YOU REPEATEDLY!" I angrily hit his shoulders but he still managed to stand up and help me. He bowed casually and told me, "With all my heart, my lady. I'll allow you to kill me if it makes you happy...

...but catch me first!"

He ran fast around the playground as I continuously chase him. He's never not a pain in the ass, is he?

Nonetheless, I love him.

No. I like him.

I love him.

Wrong! Wrong! I only like him.

Shut up.

Just shut up, inner self.

***