Chapter 11: Victoria

Normal P.O.V

You willingly left with Riley. You weren't sure why you did, your body acted on it's own. You still irked to know why Riley Biers traveled from Seattle to find you, and then return without knowing if he'd ever see you again.

Why was it that you had to get your life ruined for his sake? Why you, who was miles and miles away?

Riley led you to a part of Washington you weren't quite familiar with. Like Forks, there were clouds coating the sky, blocking the sun. It was oddly quiet, but you could faintly hear the sounds of what seemed to be animals gnawing on meat blocks away.

"Riley, where are we?" You asked as he stopped in an empty alley. You hadn't realized your fear until your voice came out timid and shaky.

"Somewhere we can't be found. Believe it or not, I don't want you to get hurt."

You scoffed, confidence returning. You knew who you were talking to, and hated that you followed him out of Forks. "Like hell I'll believe that. You've done nothing but hurt me since the day we met."

"Baby girl, I didn't do anything to hurt you. I know I seem like the bad guy, but I'm not." He sighed, running his fingers through his hair in defeat. "You don't have to believe me, but everything I've done for you is to help you."

Your eyes rolled in your skull. "Bullshit." You spat out. You turned to leave, ready to find your way back to Forks and exit this shady alleyway.

"Wait," Riley called, in which you ignored. You listened instead to the sound of your shoes hitting the pavement as you neared the turn that led to the road. An arm snaked around your waist, pulling you backwards. Your back pressed against Riley's chest, he was cold, like you, and felt unbreakable. "Stay."

His voice sounded more like a plea than an order.

"No." You unlatched his arm from your waist and turned to look at him.

"Please, I brought you a peace offering." He disappeared for a moment deeper into the alleyway, then returned with his so-called "peace offering". Thrown on the ground before you was none other than a helpless human girl, her mouth covered in duct tape, face coated in tears, and wrists bound behind her back.

"This?" You tried to keep your voice strong. It hasn't been long since you were changed, and the first year is the hardest to control a vampire's thirst. You gulped, holding your breath. You didn't need to breath, but the feeling was uncomfortable not to do so.

"Yes, I figured you may be hungry."

"I'm not." You turned away from him again, only to freeze a moment later. The pure scent of human blood filled the air, making breathing hard and your chest tighten.

Your composure was decaying with every hesitant step. It was only when you finally glanced behind you, only for a millisecond, that you knew you'd made a terrible mistake.

Your body completely froze, you couldn't move, think, speak. Riley stood behind the girl, holding her up by her hair. She was no longer moving. There was no struggling in Riley's presence, or attempting to scream. She was slowly, painfully dying in his grasp with a slit in her throat and blood dripping down her neck and chest.

Your breath hitched in your throat, a lump forming in your chest. "What did you..." Riley stood with that malevolent smirk on his face, a blade in his hand coated in a thick layer of blood.

As if your body acted on it's own impulses, you lunged forward and clenched your teeth around the lady's neck, making sure not to waste a single drop of blood.

"That's my girl," Riley smirked, watching you fall apart in front of him. The diet that lasted only a few days, was gone. The taste of human blood was something you feel to be necessary to survive.