51

Monday, June 12th

"Hey, Felicitas, right?"

My heart stopped beating, my breath got stuck in my throat and I felt like I would faint any second. Is that even possible?

"Uhm, yes. Hello, Daniel."

I closed my locker, mentally preparing myself for looking up into his face. But as my eyes got caught by his, my heart stopped beating again and I couldn't take my eyes of him. He looked so beautiful. He always does, but right now, standing right in front of me, he looked so incredible cute with his messy curly hair and his cute smile, which nearly made me tear up.

"So, uhm, you know we kind of used to talk. Uh, I mean we did talk a few times before I got into this relationship disaster with Emily, right?"

I nodded.

"And uhm, I am really sorry I stoped talking to you. It wasn't kind of me to do that. I tried to keep at least out eye contact but soon enough my ex girlfriend got hella jealous and she forbidded me to talk or even look at you. Guess she was jealous I'd fall out of love with her and fall in love with you", he chuckled at the last part.

I was shocked. My brain still tried to handle the words he said not even a minute ago and it sounded so surreal. Emily, the most famous school girl in the whole town of Wokingham, was jealous that her boyfriend, the most hottest but also cutest boy in the whole town of Wokingham, could fall out of love with her and fall in love with me, the most awkwardest girl in the entire world? What.

"I.. uh.. uhm.. really?"

God, you're so stupid Felicitas.

"Yes", he smiled. God fuck his smile, my heart can't take this much pureness. "I mean it's understandable."

Wait what.

"W-what?"

"Her worry about me liking you. I know you for about four years now. And even though we never really talked, I always liked you. You were different than the other girls in our year and classes. I liked you because you seem shy, but at the same time you stand with your opinion, no matter what. You are not like Emily or her friends. They are superficial. You have a heart, you care about other more as you care about yourself."

The smile on my face grew bigger and bigger. I couldn't believe Dan talked about me in such a great way.

"I remember when I found out that Emily cheated on me. You were the first one who really tried to cheer me up. You offered me to talk and I am so sorry I reacted so pissed. I was just down and not really myself. I really thought Emily loved me. At least I always told me that until I got proved wrong. You were there for me when no one else was. And I am so sorry I didn't appreciated that earlier."

"Dan, you don't have to apologize for anything. I did that because I liked you as well. And I wanted to be there for you. I know how it feels to get cheated on and I knew excactly that someone to talk to would have been the best. But I reacted in the same way as you just because I was hurt and didn't want to see anybody at that time. But being there for you and trying to cheer you up was a pleasure to do and I'd always to it again. I really like you Da-"

I couldn't end my sentence because he interrupted me by laying his lips on mine. At first, I was shocked. But only for a few milliseconds. I took all of my courage and kissed him back.

And there we were, in the middle of the school hallway, in front of hundreds of students, kissing. And it was the best feeling I was feeling in a very long time.