Untitled Part 4

CHAPTER 4

Site Bravo was thriving today. All the soldiers and guards were out in the yard. So were the detainees that called, for now, this place home.

"Who do ya think it'll be?" Harley asked, cupping her chin in her hand and smiling. She was always smiling, it seemed.

"Who cares." Captain Boomerang drawled. "He'll be a d-bag no matter what."

"Well I hope he's handsome." Harley said with a pout. "You guys are nothin to look at and I would appreciate a fresh face."

"Well he's gotta be something. The whole place is buzzing." Deadshot said, eyeing his surroundings with suspicious eyes.

Killer Croc was standing in line with the others too, but stayed silent, keeping his predictions or questions to himself.

Finally they could hear the chopper. It dropped from the sky, black and shining, as it whipped up a torrent of dust from the dirt floor and threw it into the squad's eyes. It landed, and out stepped Amanda Waller, looking like a cat who'd been in the cream. Behind her came a large man.

"Bane?" Deadshot said, eyes wide.

"Hello, squad." Waller said as the chopper's blades slowed. "Meet your new leader."

"A pleasure to meet you." Bane said, inclining his head slightly.

The squad just stared, each of them in shock. They all knew Bane by the attempted nuclear bombing of Gotham that had taken place just a year before. Each one had also heard stories about him, too. About how strong and powerful he was or how ruthless and cold he could be.

"Is he handsome enough for yah, doll?" Boomerang whispered in Harley's ear.

"From now on, you will take your orders on missions from Bane." Waller stated. "What he says goes. I'll leave you all to get acquainted."

And with that, Waller and the soldiers around them began filing back into the building.

"Hey, hey!" Boomerang cried, his eyes wild. "You aren't just gonna leave us alone with this maniac are you?"

"That's precisely what I'm doing." Waller called over her shoulder.

Soon there was nothing left in the yard except the helicopter, the four squad members, Bane, and a table of food that had been set there earlier.

Bane eyed the squad for a moment, his dark brown eyes considering each of them. Then he turned and made his way to the snack table. He reached for a plate of chicken nuggets.

Nobody breathed.

There had been hundreds of different myths and rumors spread around Gotham as to how Bane actually ate. Were they really going to witness the truth?

Bane grabbed a fistful of the nuggets...

 Let me know if you're liking it so far by commenting and favoriting!