Chapter Six

*Edited*

"What are you doing in here?" Zander asked. I didn't answer him. I could feel the tears running down my cheeks.

"Clara, Clara! What's wrong? I didn't mean to yell. Baby tell me. Why are you crying?" He asked.

"Why do you have these, what do you know about Andrew."

"Nothing you need to know, now tell me why you are upset? Was it something I did?" He asked he voice laced with concern.

"I knew this would happen, I shouldn't have stopped he's going to find me. He killed them he'll kill you. It's all my fault you're going to get hurt. I have to leave. I have to keep running." I say.

'What are you saying were fine, were safe. Mate means were safe.' Maia said trying to persuade me that I was safe but my mind was already made up. I had put Zander in danger by stopped running.

"I'm so sorry." I said turning to Zander before pushing past him and running down stairs and out the door. I shifted immediately, and began running through the forest. If I was correct I was only four minutes away from the border. I could see the end of the territory up ahead. I was close to leaving.

'No, Clara we can't. Our mates here.'
'I'm sorry Maia.' I was about to step over the line when I was knocked over onto my side. Quickly I regained my posture and turned to face my attacker. He was part of Zanders pack I could tell that. He must have been a warrior. He thought I was a rouge, well I mean I am a rouge what did I expect. I growled at him before attempting to leave again when he stepped in my path blocking my way out. He growled at me taking a step closer. He had me cornered against a tree. There was no way out and I knew it.

Well that's what I thought until I heard a loud growl come from behind the wolf in front of me. The wolf turned revelling Zanders massive wolf. The wolf who was earlier attacking me glanced back from me to Zander and then me again. He must have realized what I was to Zander and left.

Zander's wolf approached me, I had expected him to growl or be mad at me but instead he crouched down to my level and rubbed his head against mine.

I immediately relaxed at his touch. He noticed this and sat down lying next to me. I placed my head on my paws too tired to go anywhere now. Zander placed his Head over me in a protective manner. We stayed like that for what seemed like a lifetime until Zander got up. He nudged me asking me to follow him and that's what I did.

We ran until we came to a stop in front of a little lake. Zander went around a tree and then came back with a top in his mouth. He dropped it in front of me. I took it and went behind a tree and shifted back into my human form.

After pulling on the oversized shirt I returned to zander, he was wearing a pair of shorts with nothing covering his abdomen. I must admit this was making me like my mate even more. Realising that I had been staring at him for way to long I lifted my head up feeling the blood rushing to my cheeks.

"Come." He said gesturing to a log. We both sat down in complete silence staring at the setting sun.

"I'm sorry for pushing you yesterday, it wasn't right of me." Zander said breaking the silence.

"No it's my fault I should have told you and that's what I'm going to do." I said taking a breath and staring into Zanders eyes before continuing.

"My full name is Clara Maia Grien, My parent's where the alpha and Luna of Grienfield pack. Their beta was Andrew Coster. When I was twelve there was a rouge attack on the pack. You probably know what happened, but that's not the true story. The rouge attack wasn't random it was planned by Andrew himself. He used them as a distraction and then killed my parents in front of me. I watched my mother bleed to death and I saw my father go mad before watching him die too. Andrew gave me and option leave or die. I left. In your office before seeing those photos of them the photo of him, I just couldn't handle it." I said. Zander hadn't said anything the whole time.