~Chapter 9: Oh, brother...

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Aaaaaaaah, oooh."

Hunson stared back at Simon after he gently put him on the ground after what Simon thought he was falling. "...are you done screaming human guy?" Simon casually adjusted his glasses. "Yes. Wait you know I'm human?" Hunson smiled and floated around Simon in his normal form. "Well yeah, I can smell that sweet stench of generations of weak boned humans in your flabby skin." Simon shrugged. "So we can talk?" The demon planted his boots on the ground with a smile. "Sure! You've done me a service! You'd make a great servant, would probably have to lose the beard though..." Simon speaks over him, "No. I'm here to talk to you about Marceline. Your daughter."

Hunson Abadeer's face went cold on his pale blue face, but only for a moment. "Yeah? What about that kid." Suddenly turning away from him. Simon noticed his dis-concern for her. "Well she makes for a great Gunter!" Crud, not again. Hunson looked back at Simon with a confused look. "No, I mean. You- well, I-" Sweat rolls down Simon's face. "She's all alone out there and... you're responsible for her now." Hunson laughed, "What are you, child services?" Simon looked at him annoyed. "Or wait, an old geezer like you must be Bailey's magic dad she never let me meet." Simon didn't know what he was talking about... "Bailey?" Hunson went on, "I'm not the least bit surprised she sent you to me, I knew she'd get sick of the kid eventually. Oh! Tell me, does she still have the ole trailer! Man we had some good times in there-" "Hunson!" Simon interrupted. "I'm... I'm just a Professor of Archeology. I found your daughter in a city of rubble, crying, and alone. I've been taking care of her, but I'm afraid I'll no longer be able too..." Hunson takes a moment sighs unserstandably, looking at the frail man. "Alrighty, I see what you mean. I'll go get her." Simon eyes widen. "You will!?" Hunson smiled. "Well yeah! If she can make an old man do her bidding in the mortal realm at her age, then of course I want her back! Yeesh, and here I was thinking her mom was making her soft. Ha ha!" Simon said under his own breath. "Oh, brother..."