Chapter:9

Two months later

I finished dressing Wyatt and put a little coat on him. Then took him out to my truck. I buckled him in before getting in myself. The three month old was already sound asleep in the backseat. Beau is going to kill me if he finds out that I'm taking our son to the doctors office without him. As I pulled into a parking space close to the building I spotted James' truck pulling in.

I got out as he pulled in on the other side of my truck. "Finally manage to get away from that baby daddy?" He asked. "Actually I had scheduled this appointment so I could take him without his father worrying about every little thing." I said. "So your still with the baby daddy." He said. "Yup. And as long as he wants to be in the boy's life I'm for it." I said. "You mean screwing you." He said.

"Because as much as it sounds you'd rather have his up you instead of any other guy's." I got Wyatt out of his car seat. "Well maybe it's because he treats me better than any man in this town." I said before rushing in. "Cheyenne." I didn't look back as I kept my baby boy close to me. I checked in and took a seat. Wyatt was just now waking up.

I pulled a blanket out of the diaper bag and covered myself. He always wants to eat as soon as he wakes up. I unbuttoned my shirt a few and let him eat under the blanket. I then switched sides. James came in and checked in with the same receptionist. "Really. In here." He said. "You probably wouldn't care if this was your child would you?" I asked. "Nope. And it's not mine." He said.

"And your wishing it was." I said just before the nurse called me back. I held the blanket to my chest as I walked back. She led me into a room. "And how's the baby today?" She asked. "He's good." I said. "And he's two months?" She asked. "Three. A month early." I said. She corrected the information.

"I take it you snuck him out of the house." She said. "His father said no doctor appointments until six months. I don't believe in that." I said as I buttoned my shirt back up and getting a burp rag. I burped him then put the blanket on my lap with him in it. "Alright. The doctor should be in here in a few minutes." She said.

I quickly changed his diaper while waiting. The doctor came in. "Hello Cheyenne. And how's the baby?" He asked. "He's good. Growing." I said. "And on his birth certificate it has his last name as the father's?" He questioned. "Yes. His father takes responsibility for him if we were to split." I said. "Just never thought Beau would be a father." He said.

"Minor incident that he takes fault over." I said. "That boy. No wonder he was raised my his grandparents. His parents left him on their doorstep when he was six months old. Never knew his biological father." He said. "Enough on him let's check out this little boy."

I held Wyatt still as the doctor checked his heart and lungs. Then checked his ears, nose and eyes. "He looks healthy from what I can see. How are his private parts developing?" He asked. "As far as I know fine." I said. He then had Wyatt weighed and measured. "How much did he weigh at birth?" He asked. "Six pounds three ounces." I said. "How many weeks?" He asked. "Thirty five." I said.

"Healthy weight. Father make sure you were eating?" He asked. "Definitely. Every meal he made sure I ate until I was completely stuffed." I said. "The length at birth?" "Nineteen inches solid." I answered. "Sounds like thirty seven weeks instead of thirty five." He said. "Might have." I said.

"Well he's as healthy as they come. He's gaining weight like he's supposed to, fifteen point eight. That's six ounces bigger than usual at three months." He said. I paid for the visit and started home. I luckily didn't run into James once again. As I pulled up I saw Beau leaning on one of the porch posts. I parked and got out.

"So where did you and our son go?" He asked. "On a little trip." I said unbuckling Wyatt. I wrapped him in a blanket and took him inside with Beau following. "Sure it wasn't the doctors office?" He asked. "Why you ask?" I asked him. "Oh after you left I got a call to confirm a doctors appointment that you had already scheduled." He said. "I thought we were going to be doing this together?"

"We are, but our son needs a doctor to check him out to keep information on him." I said. "Ok then what did the doctor find? Nothing wrong? Healthy?" He asked. "He's fifteen pounds eight ounces. Six ounces heavier than a normal three month old." I said. So your worried he's already becoming overweight?" He asked.

"Nope. Because once he gets to using his legs he'll be burning more calories and loosing baby fat. He'll be with you more and more with him running around." I said before setting him in a baby rocker. "And who did you see?" He asked. "Why?" I asked. "Because I want to know!" He said. "The same doctor that my grandparents took me to because my parents were too lazy to take me to the doctors. The same one Ash went to." I said. He crossed his arms over his chest.

"The same one your grandparents took you to." I said finally. "Oh and what did he say about me? That I was left with my grandparents first chance my parents had? That they never even wanted me?" He was starting to yell. "Yeah. And you know what else he said. He said that he'd never see you as the fatherly type to stay." I said before going to get a fussing Wyatt. I held him to me trying to calm him down.

I kissed his wet cheek before getting his favorite stuffed animal a beanie baby horse that I've had since I was a little girl. I then looked over at Beau. He had his head hung. "Come here little man." I said readjusting Wyatt while walking over to his father. "Would you like to?" I asked him. He looked down at our crying son.

He automatically took Wyatt and his stuffed horse. "Shh. It's alright buddy. Everything's fine. I'm sorry I yelled at your mother. She didn't deserve it." He said. After a few seconds Wyatt was once again quiet. "I'm sorry for yelling at you. I lost it when you said that." He said. "I should have asked you if it was ok to make the appointment. Next time I will." I said. "How about when he's six months old and we switch to one that doesn't need to be around our son." He said. I nodded laying my head on his shoulder. He put an arm around me pulling me closer.

Uh oh looks like James is starting stuff.