Chapter:18

I sat down on the couch after working with Stone. Wyatt my four year old bounded into the living room. "When's Jakey going to be back?" He asked. "When he gets off work Wyatt." I told him. "Can we go ride?" He asked.

"It's too cold out little man." I told him. He pouted. It was almost noon. I texted Jake asking when his lunch break was. 'In an hour why?' He asked.
'Someone is bored and can't do what he wants.' I texted him.
'The boss just came through saying today was going to be a half day because of the weather.' He then texted.

"Jake will be home within an hour or so little man." I told Wyatt. "Ok mama. Could we go brush Stone?" He asked. I looked out the window at the falling snow. "I've got to get him into his warm barn. Stay here little man. I don't want to lose you in the snow." I said. "But I wanna go!" Wyatt pouted.

"I know you do. But I want you safe. Go sit on the couch and I'll be back in a few minutes." I told him. "Ok mama." He said before going over to the couch. He curled up in a blanket while I was putting my coat on.

"Stay put. I don't want to go and find you in this storm." I warned once more. Wyatt stayed glued to the tv. I ran to the paddock and grabbed Stone's halter. Stone came right up to me. I just wrapped it around his neck leading him in.

As soon as he was in I rubbed the melted snow off his coat and put a blanket on him. I then gave him room temperature water and some hay to eat. Then went back to the house on the way I spotted a small black mass. Wyatt.

I ran as I saw he was trying to get to the barn. It wasn't easy catching up to him. As soon as I did I quickly picked him up and carried him back to the house. As soon as we were through the back door I set him up on the kitchen counter.

"Wyatt. Are you hurt? Why didn't you listen to me? When I tell you not to go out there it's for your own safety." I told him. "I'm sorry mama." He said tears starting to form. "I'm not mad little man. You just scared me." I said pulling him to me for a hug.

His sobs cracked my heart. "Come here buddy." I pulled him closer. "I know you wanted to go see Stone, but I didn't want to lose you in the storm. We'll go see him later ok? After Jake get here." I said. He nodded.

"Come on let's round up something warm to eat while we wait." I told him as I wiped the tears from his eyes. He wrapped his arms around me. I placed him on the floor. He took his coat and boots off. I then made him get out of his wet jeans.

I went and did the same while chicken noodle soup bubbled on the stove. As soon as the soup was done Jake walked in covered in snow. He quickly got his coat and boots off. Then his jeans.

"Thought you were wearing jeans this morning." He said as he walked to the master bedroom. "I was until I had to get stone into the barn." I yelled. Wyatt came running down the hall. "Is food ready?" He asked.

"Yup it is little man." I said getting three bowls out. He sat at the table as I dished a bowl out for him. Jake came into the kitchen in a pair of sweats. "Smells good baby." He said. "Just something to warm us all up." I said.

"Jakey could we go see Stone?" Wyatt asked. "I told him we could go see Stone after you got home." I said. "Not until the storm lets up little man." Jake said. "Ok." Wyatt said. He then slurped up some of the broth.

I fixed my bowl and sat down. The whole time I was cooking I kept from vomiting from how bad it smelled for some odd reason. I finally gave up and ran to the bathroom. I emptied my stomach.

"You alright baby?" Jake asked, his hands lightly on my arms. I nodded. One hand moved a paper towel to my lips. "Thirty more baby. Ten until we see what the gender is." He said. "I know." I said. "Don't worry baby. Your doing fine so far." He said.

"Come on let's go finish eating." I stood up with him behind me. He kissed my cheek his groin right up against my lower back. I groaned. "I know baby. Not now though. Not until after you've got my last name." He said. He kissed my cheek once more.

We then went to finish eating. This morning while I was working with Stone I had puked only once. It's letting up hopefully tonight it will be gone.