Driver's License

I tried my best to grab all of Yukio's clothes off the ground and shake the mud off of them. He would have a hell of a time getting the stains out when we get back to the academy.

If we get back to the academy.

I sighed and looked up toward the sky, it was overcast out and held no promises to keep the rain away. Why are we even bothering to clean this mess up? It seems a bit trivial at this point.

I sighed once again and picked up the last of the dirty laundry. I suppose cleaning this mess up kept our minds busy and off of our depressing situation. I walked over to the van and wiped off the leaves and dirt that lay on top of the hood. Small bits of shattered glass pierced my hand, but I didn't really care. I just wiped the blood on my pants and placed my load of clothes on the white paint. I spent the next few minutes carefully laying out the clothes on the van's surface. If it rained, it would wash the dirt off, but if it didn't, at least they could dry out.

Once I finished, I rubbed my tired eyes and winced. That's right, I'm injured, why is that so easy to forget? Whiplash must be a bitch. I dropped my hands and walked over to the nearest person, helping them pick up their own clothes.

Koneko came up to me after awhile and he looked sheepish. I gave him a confused look and he averted his gaze. "Um, I need your help." He looked troubled and I nodded my head, following after him. We passed up Bon and Izumo and we walked a few more minutes before he paused. I nearly walked into him and I apologized quietly.

Looking around, there was no one here. "What did you need help with?" I shifted my gaze down to the short teen and he blushed heavily. "What's wrong?" I was beginning to get nervous and I questioned what could he so embarrassing.

"I, um... my clothes..." he paused and sighed pointing upward. I followed his direction and my eyes landed on the tree branches above us.

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"How'd they get up there?"

He huffed, "I'm assuming the wind was hard enough to do it, I don't think anything else would do that." He was snarky when he got irritated, and it was a side of him that I'd never seen.

"Um, yeah. So you need help getting them down?" He nodded, his cheeks a light pink. I scratched my neck, flaking off some more dried blood in the process. "Would you be more comfortable if Shima or Ryuji helped you? We've already seen that he can climb trees, heh." I cracked a smile, hoping that he would as well, but he only shook his head.

"They would laugh at me for it."

Immediately, my jaw set, "that's stupid, how would they feel if they got their clothes stuck in a tree?"

He smiled softly and met my eyes briefly, "that's why I asked you, Rin." I nodded, taking pride that I'm trustworthy in that aspect.

"So," I said casually, looking up at the branches above us. "I'll climb up and toss them down, you just gotta make sure they don't hit the ground." I gave him a toothy smile, "sounds like a fun game, doesn't it?" He nodded and I reached up and swung myself onto a low hanging branch.

"Just be careful, okay? You're hurt the worst out of all of us, and I'd hate myself if you got hurt worse." I just waved him off, grabbing a pair of pants and tossing them down. "A little warning next time? I almost dropped them."

"That's what makes it fun, but if you say so..." I called down and climbed another branch. It felt good to use these muscles again. I hated sitting down and waiting all the time. My body ached, in both good and bad ways, but it was a hell of a lot better than picking clothes off the ground. This will probably be the highlight of my day, and that's pretty sad.