The Adventure Begins

"Can you believe it, Axe?" The adolescent 16-year-old girl lifted her Axew and twirled around in a circle on one foot. The Axew, called Axe, lifted it's arms, smiled, and let out a joyous cry.

The girl took a deep breath, set Axe on her shoulder, and stared up in awe at the massive ship that would take them from the Kanto region to the Hoenn region.

The girl's name was Athena, a beautiful young woman with curly, long, blonde hair fastened up in a ponytail. Her eyes were a unique hazel. Her pale skin was as smooth as a Gardevoir's dress.

Athena was travelling first-class on the Poketanic. She was so excited to have such a luxurious method of travelling!

"Soon, Axe, we'll be in Hoenn!" Athena exclaimed, starting to squeal with excitement at the end of her statement. Axe jumped once again, but missed his footing when he tried to land back on his owner's shoulder, and fell face-first on the huge dock.

Athena picked her Pokemon back up and set off to the first-class boarding area. The decorations were luxurious, with mahogany-colored couches and seats. The walls were a rich wood paneling, carved to complete perfection. There was a huge chandelier in the center of the ceiling, casting a luxurious light across the room.

Athena took her seat in a corner seat, admiring all the other people and Pokemon socializing in the room. There was a door leading to a staircase leading up to the first-class reception room of the ship.

In a few minutes, boarding had started for first-class passengers. Athena clutched her Pokémon tight as she ran up the staircase to the ship, careful not to let him fall into the water below.

Athena bursted into the room. The carpet was a unique red, blue and golden design, and there was a picture of a woodland scene. The walls and ceiling were white, carved with special care. The furniture consisted of a sofa and a few chairs, which were white, red, and patterned.

But the best part of all was the staircase. It was the grand staircase. Athena and Axe both stared at it in awe, admiring the clock, and the statue at the foot of it, and just how luxurious it looked altogether.

Soon, a crew member was ushering the girl and her Pokémon up to their stateroom, which was on D-Deck, the same level of the reception room. While she didn't get to go up the grand staircase, she got to see some other things around the ship.

The stateroom was quite lovely. There was a brass-colored bed, a reading lamp, a nightstand, a dresser, and a separate room for reading.

Athena settled quickly into her accommodations, and so did Axe, who went straight to one of the reading room chairs and curled up to take a nap there.

While Axe was asleep, Athena decided she might as well explore the ship herself. She left the stateroom quietly, sure not to wake up her precious Pokémon, and raced down the hallway with doors to other rooms.

Athena was soon back in the reception room, where still more passengers were boarding. Athena cut through them to the grand staircase then slowed her steps to a leisurely walk up the staircase, admiring every bit as she passed. She climbed the staircase multiple levels up, then emerged into the room with the glass dome ceiling above it.

Athena knew this had to be the whole showcase of the ship. The room was even larger than the reception room, and had similar decoration. Two doorways on either side led onto the Boat Deck outside. Athena went out the one on the port side of the ship.

When Athena emerged, the ship blew its whistle. That meant it was now departing. As the ship was released, and went further away from the dock, people waved goodbye to friends and family and cheered for their fortune of traveling such a luxurious way. But not far from the dock, another ship was being pulled into the massive Pokétanic's current. It was the Hoennian, a much smaller ship. The ropes holding it to the deck snapped apart and the Hoennian was drifting faster and faster towards the Pokétanic.

Athena held her breath. If the two collided, it could be quick disaster. She wasn't all to sure she believed the term "unsinkable" that others believed this ship to be.

Then, in the knick of time, a few tugboats pulled the smaller boat back to the dock and the Pokétanic traveled away from the dock once more.

Athena started to worry; she knew that if two ships almost collided on one's maiden voyage, that was a bad omen for disaster.