A Gift for Xavier

The next few days on the Pokétanic were amazing, and Athena had forgotten about the omen. Better yet, Athena had the perfect idea for a birthday gift for her new friend.

There was a room for first-and-second-class passengers filled with a small, artificial body of water by a grassy field. It was possibly the largest room on the ship-and it was just for Pokémon.

Wild Pokémon were put in there for the journey for catching or just for Pokémon owned by trainers to make some friends. They were all fed and nourished daily.

Xavier's favorite Pokémon-Type was the Fire-Type, so Athena planned to find one of that type to catch and give to Xavier as a birthday gift.

Athena went there on the Saturday she would be on the ship, Pokéballs prepared. She had Axe by her side for battling against a wild Pokémon. Soon, Athena's eyes caught sight of a little Litleo batting with a paw at some grass. She approached cautiously, then sent Axe to confront the Pokémon.

"Axe, use Crunch!" Athena called out. Axe nodded and raced toward the Litleo, giving her a hard bite. She winced but fought back with a Flamethrower. Axe was then ordered to use Tackle, which knocked the Pokémon backwards. She saw the chance she had, so Athena threw a Great Ball at the battled Litleo.

Litleo was engulfed by a red light, becoming it for a second, then that light was sucked into the Pokéball. The ball shook a few times, them clicked and stayed still.

"Alright, Axe! Good job! We caught a Litleo!" Athena exclaimed, pumping her fist in the air. Axe cheered.

Athena took the two Pokémon back to her cabin. She would give Xavier the Pokémon tomorrow, on his birthday. She let the Litleo out of her Pokéball, and grabbed a Super Heal out of her back. She sprayed it on the still-hurt lion Pokémon, then let her back inside her Pokéball. She then went off to Xavier again. They met every day where they first had.

"I think tomorrow is going to be awesome for you, Xavier," Athena hinted to her friend. A gleam of excitement shone in Xavier's eyes, though he just nodded. Athena couldn't wait to show him his Litleo!

The rest of the day passed normally. Axe and the Litleo quickly became good friends, and Athena frowned at the thought of having them be split up when the ship made it to Hoenn.

It was hard for Athena to sleep that night; all of a sudden Athena had a bad feeling about something. But she did her best to put it aside and she finally dozed off, long after the Pokémon did.