Chapter 22 - Ashes to Ashes

A/N I HAVE SUPER BAD WIFI IN MY HOUSE. (then why are you smiling?) I AM SMILING AND I HATE IT.

Dust's POV

"One  such problem was a SAVE or a RESET." Mr Cross said. I flinched and  tensed up at the mention of these two words. SAVE.....RESET.....Chara......I started shaking, and  trembling uncontrollably....the memories......

"A SAVE occurs when a being has a large amount of DETERMINATION and if the magic in the area is concentrated enough. Since most of you came from the underground, it'll be easier to understand. Humans have much more DETERMINATION in their souls then monsters, usually because our bodies cannot stand a huge amount if it. If a human falls into the underground, they would usually be able to SAVE at a SAVE POINT. A SAVE POINT is this star shaped thing that appears in certain locations. The being with the most DETERMINATION would have access to this SAVE POINT and would be able to SAVE."

Chara.....Frisk......SAVES.....RESETS....they.... killed.....everyone...... using the power of their DETERMINATION.... they were literally..... a god..... in the underground....

"What does a SAVE do?"

What else would it do?

"I  was just getting to that. You know about your HP. Its an acronym for  HOPE. Most monsters and humans cane take a certain amount of damage from  attacks based on the amount of HOPE they have. The SAVE POINTS can  restore the being's HP to its max. If the being SAVEs and they end up  dying for whatever reason, then they will re-spawn back at the SAVE  POINT, as if they never died at all."

I killed the kid.....Undyne killed the kid......over and over.....and they kept coming back......as if nothing ever happened..... they died... over and over..... but they kept coming back..... they always came back......

Memories kept playing.....over and over....

I felt my body tremble even more.......Paps....Undyne...Tori....Asgore...Alphys....even that annoying tin-can Mettaton..... everyone in the underground......

"There are two kinds of RESETs. The normal RESET and a TRUE RESET. A normal RESET brings the being back to the start of the timeline when they first fell into the underground. Most of the people in the underground would still have a faint memory of what happened in the previous timeline. A TRUE RESET resets everyone's memories and does the same as a normal RESET, but there can be some exceptions."

Yes....like me.....and Chara.....I remembered their first Pacifist run, courtesy of Frisk........and their Genocide runs that followed after....... no thanks to Chara......

I felt Paps trying to talk to me......but I couldn't hear him..... I couldn't hear anything.... beside the screams of the monsters I killed, murdered, dusted.....

I kept shaking, and I could feel my breathing hitch. Tears formed at the corners of my eye sockets, and I pressed my hands to the sides of his head........I'm so sorry..... Tori..... Undyne.... Alphys.... Mettaton.... Asgore...... Papyrus.... They all fell again.......... but this time........ instead of Chara.... they fell.... to me.

"no..... why.....stop it....."

I felt an arm around my shoulder......it seemed comforting.......but who would want to comfort a murderer like me..... nobody likes murderers.....suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder.....who... was it Chara..... how.....

I freaked out. Who was it..... Chara.... they were dead.... right? Or was Chara just... just trying to fool me.... and just Frisk.... just they were dead...... Chara was a demon.... right...... they couldn't die.....

I stood up and ran out of the room......Chara....what.....why am I sitting around doing nothing? They were a demon.... they could possess anyone with DETERMINATION..... maybe just anyone strong.... would they possess me? I'm at LV 19..... I'm probably the most dangerous person here.....

I heard faint footsteps behind me as I ran away....where was I? This..... it wasn't Snowdin Wait....I remember now.....I was in a school......I was having lessons......

Crap....everyone saw me run out of the classroom like that... I panicked..... but there were footsteps behind me.... Chara! I continued running, rounding bends and dashing up and down staircases. I hope Chara didn't catch up to me.....

Memories kept running in my mind. I.....killed everyone...... I watched as my own brother begged for mercy.....and as he turned to dust....... I mercilessly killed everyone....they trusted me..... and I betrayed their trust........

I called Chara a dirty brother killer..... I guess I'm no better than them.... no.... I'm worse than them. Toriel was their adoptive mother..... Papyrus was my own flesh and blood....... he was my own brother..... and I murdered him mercilessly...... even as he begged for my mercy.... he wanted to help me... but I refused... I ignored him.... I killed him....

Funny, huh..... how the tides have turned. I used to ask Chara if they felt their sins crawling on their back....... now I feel my sins crawling on my back. I killed Chara, again and again, until Chara got good enough, and killed me again and again, over and over...

They kept SAVE-ing and RESET-ting, RELOAD-ing every time they died. They used that to their advantage, to keep them alive, to survive..... on the last run...... they used it to keep me alive..... to remember all my sins...... every monster I killed...... they no longer had to live with the sins they committed so many times..... but I had to......

I rounded a corner, and found myself at a long row of lockers. I leaned against one of them, out of breath..... I panted, and slid down until I was sitting on the floor. I looked at my hands, and I saw them, stained with dust and blood. Papyrus' dust and Chara's blood, to be exact. I shook, and I could hear the lockers rattling behind me. I leaned against the lockers and hugged my legs. I closed my eyes and cried.....

A/N I can't do this feelsy shit.... sorry......

(Word count - 1007)